Assaulted by Staff Member... Hows that for a review. I stayed at this place one night this week. Frankly, I didn't expect much, just wanted somewhere cheap to keep my luggage and crash at while I went to a few interviews, so I checked into a dorm room. That evening I went out, and got back around 3am, so there was no one on reception. I went into the dorm room, and EVERY bed was occupied (apparently this isn't unusual). I wasn't going to wake anyone, so I went out into the lounge and crashed on a couch. Was woken up by an overweight guy yelling at me. I was hung over, and very disorientated, and whilst trying to figure out what was going on, and trying to explain myself, he kept yelling at me, and pushing me. I had my key in my pocket, but he wouldnt listen, and kept screaming at me to get out. In the end he actually wrapped his arms around me and tried to get me out. I managed to get away, pull my key out and we both called the police. THE POLICE... I spent a night on a couch, got assualted by a staff member and had to call the police... Is that what you want when you stay somewhere. The police got QSB to refund me, but apparently as there was no witness and frankly the guy didn't punch me so no bruises or anything, I can't push for assault charges. I understand that sometimes they have people sneak in and crash and must get sick of it, I understand that I was probably a dazed from going out and being asleep so might not have been too coherent when first woken, but NOTHING excuses this.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Queen Street Backpackers is considered one of the friendliest Backpackers Hostels in the heart of Auckland City. With a huge reception area which also houses our TV lounge, Longboard Bar, Pool Tables and reading area, your first impression will be one of both warmth and friendliness. Our Auckland Backpackers Hostel accommodation is only a short walk to the cities major supermarket, train, bus stations, ferry terminals, across the road from the Airbus Express stop and is on the front door step of Auckland's main street. Whether you're travelling alone, with your partner a friend or with a group of friends, our Auckland Backpackers can accommodate all your needs. Recent upgrade of the Wifi means guests have the option of using FREE 5ghz wifi within the hostel. We've also recently upgrade rooms to premium dorms which have privacy curtains, double plus, under bed storage and lockers for each bed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, HostelWorld and Priceline so you can book your Queen Street Backpackers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Queen Street Backpackers Hotel Auckland Central
- Queen Street Backpackers Auckland, New Zealand