“Great location, perfect for a night in town!”
Review of Quest on Eden

Quest on Eden
Reviewed December 14, 2013

My partner and I stayed at Quest on Eden for two nights in a 1-bedroom apartment and had no complaints with our stay. Our room had a small kitchenette which was clean and well-equipped. It wass a short 10min walk to midtown (Queen St), and probably the same to Britomart train station, the wharf and Viaduct Harbour. They don't do in-room dining other than breakfast, but that's not an issue since there are plenty of restaurants nearby. Overall, it was a comfortable stay at a very reasonable price, and we will be back :)

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 17, 2013

I finished a cruise in Aukland, and stayed at Quest on Eden 3 nights. I walked with my suitcase from the ship, but it was uphill, and I should have taken a taxi for about $8. Like a hotel, but without food, but I was cooking my own meals and it was perfect with a big kitchen and all I needed. Very roomy and clean, with a balcony on the 9th floor looking out over Aukland Harbour. Magnificent - with spring sun. Hours at the desk are shorter than a hotel, but staff was most helpful and accommodating, getting me a converter plug so I could charge my I-phone. It is near the University and Albert Park, with the Art Museum (free tours). You can walk in 15 minutes to the dock, where you can get a ferry to the islands, etc. Tour busses don't pick you up there, so I walked to the Ferry Terminal. Got a super shuttle to pick me up there for the airport (one way - $29 NZ). I paid $330 NZ for 3 nites, and US dollars are worth 15% more now. A bargain for a good size apartment (even a washer-drier)

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Our apartment was basic, but what we were looking for after our long flight from Bangkok. The washing machine and dryer were a particularly welcomed sight since we'd been traveling through Asia for several weeks prior to arriving in NZ. The water pressure in the shower was amazing - so strong that we couldn't even turn it up all the way! The bed was fine, but not particularly comfortable. Both my husband and I had stuffy noses every morning, which we assumed was from dust mites or mildew in older bed linens or duvets not washed regularly (the only things we're both allergic to.) That being said, the room was clean and completely adequate for our needs. The location is fine, not great. It's a bit of a walk (a hilly 10 minutes) to get to sites and restaurants, but not a bad one and we were eager to stretch our legs.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We stayed 10 days at this hotel for an event at Vector Arena. The location was perfect for this with the arena literally about a 7 minute walk away and a large sized grocery store within a 10 minute walk. The downtown area/ Queen street was also quick to get to as well as the waterfront.
The hotel its self is older but well kept and clean. For a stay this long we valued the full kitchen and the in suite laundry .

Room Tip: We stayed in a one bedroom suite which was suitable for me and my two teenagers. Friends stayed in t...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 30, 2013

We have recently stayed at Quest on Eden because we attended a concert at Vector Arena and we needed to stay nearby the Arena. We saw another user’s review commenting about how they had problems parking their mid-sized Toyota in the hotel’s small car park. We were really worried because we have a big Nissan Patrol but decided to book the hotel anyway because they are close to Vector Arena. I decided to make this review because we had a good laugh about the car-park “issue”… We booked the car park in advace and had NO problems getting in and parking our Nissan Patrol and we actually noticed there was another big Nissan and a Toyota hilux in the car park as well… So we guess it comes down to driving skill – the hotel’s car park is just fine! Oh, and it was a nice, clean room, no problems there either.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 30, 2013

This hotel is located in an excellent area on the downtown Auckland, close to Queen Street and looking to Harbor. Excellent location for corporate. Small staff team but very friendly and professional. The atmosphere is just awesome; the rooms are nicely decorated and give a very comfortable feeling of peace and quiet. That’s true, might be one of the quietest street downtown. Good value for money so will definitely call again.

Room Tip: Ask for Harbourview when taken a Studio or One Bedroom
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Good location, just a few steps from the Queen Street and Vector Arena. The rooms are quiet and clean. The shower is good. Staff is good as well.
We'll be back for sure-we had a very good time. I read the varying reviews on this serviced apartment hotel before making the booking and after staying here can confidently say that it was one of the nicest places we stayed. We enjoyed the time.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family