“Rude Security Staff!”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Sky City Casino

Sky City Casino
Ranked #52 of 264 things to do in Auckland
More attraction details
Owner description: This mega complex has two casinos, restaurants, bars, hotel, theater and the 1,000-foot high Sky Tower, the tallest tower in the Southern Hemisphere, which offers magnificent views and bungee jumping. The casinos offer favorite table games such as Blackjack, Baccarat, Jai Sai and Roulette plus more than 1,200 slots and gaming machines.
Auckland Region, New Zealand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Rude Security Staff!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2014

Decided to take my Grandfather for the Sky Jump for his birthday (just turned 78, impressive!).
We did our Sky Jump, the staff were very friendly which was refreshing!

Then we decided to go to the casino floor for a drink at the bar.
When walking in we had this very rude juvenile security guard question me about my age.

Goes something like this :
Security : Oi, whats your age?
Me: Turned around and walked up to him and asked, what's the minimum age?
Security : 25 and older.
Me: After showing my ID (South African) which he didn't want to accept, I showed him my NZ drivers license.

Firstly, I was under the impression that Sky City is an international travel spot. I now stand corrected.

Secondly, I was always taught that manners are important. But, apparently not if you work at Sky City!

Lastly, when going to http://www.skycityauckland.co.nz/casino/ , it clearly states 20yrs and older.

Oh, and I'm 29!

Other than the rude juvenile security guard, everything else was great. The staff at Sky Jump and revolving restaurant were extraordinarily great! Great manners and amazing safety!!!

With that all in mind, there is always some delinquent that spoils it for the rest.
Won't be going back there.

Evidence
Video footage : The entrance of the casino, as you come up the escalator.
Time : 12:30+-
Date : 11/02/2014

To help with identification, i was with my grandfather only. I have shaved hair and was wearing a white shirt with a black bar-code logo on the front and back of the shirt.

Visited February 2014

7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Do not trust”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2014

We travelled all around New Zealand and we had great support from all the i-SITE visitor centres but the Auckland one!

They gave us a series of incorrect information:

-They were not able to indicate a free WiFi zone in the city (there are plenty)
-We asked direction for the public library but they didn't tell us it was closed for the day
-They told us the price for the Auckland Museum was 10$ each. But after a hike up there we discovered that it costs three times more.
-Also the Museum has the free WiFi in the lobby but the i-SITE lady didn't know.

Very disappointed for all the time they made us waste.

4 Thank FedandRos
Invercargill, New Zealand
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“A Night of Entertainment”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2014

I found it was easy to spend a little more than you intend at the casino, but I enjoyed the experience of being there, and witnessing the atmosphere of fun, entertainment and relaxation, first hand! A wide variety of tables and machines got my attention at first, as I just wandered around, and watched others spend their money, sometimes winning heaps back! I had a 'flutter' on the machines, and won a good sum of money, (over-all), but I did spend to win!! You will never go hungry, or thirsty within the casino, as there are a couple bars, and a good selection of hot meals! If you are an 'all nighter' and want a good breakfast, just pop up the escalator to the Hotel's Fortuna Restaurant, and have breakfast! You don't have to spend too much money for a fun night of entertainment, but sometimes a little can go a long way!

Wellington, New Zealand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Staff could do with more training”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

We had three different blackjack dealer's the first miss dealt three times the second kept dropping the cards and the third kept paying out wrong amounts. I couldn't believe the errors I was seeing. When we cashed out the first cashier counted wrong andwould have short changed us by 100 if another cashier hadn't checked her count. However they were all very personable but obviously need more training.

1 Thank aneleh11
Auckland, New Zealand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Not good staff training anybody?”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

I would just like to firstly say the men and women before you enter the casino are excellent always ask for ID and are friendly people. Bar and waiting staff are also nice people unfortunately it ends there. I don't really know where to start I asked to be cashed out one night after winning only to be completely ignored! After four attempts to ask to be cashed out( 4 spins later) they changed the croupier and I said calmly " I have asked 5 times now can you cash me out" to which the pit boss tried to argue with me instead of apologise! Several croupiers have underpaid me and then to top it off whilst playing rapid roulette the croupier spun the ball landed in 14 but because it didn't show on the big overhead screen after ten seconds decided just spin again! Myself my partner and and Asian gentleman sat open mouthed and called for the manager at once. After 35 mins of messing around they did pay us out which I am gratefull for but thus sort of thing shouldn't go on on a casino. My advice don't play the word corruption comes to mind.

Visited October 2013