“A Night of Entertainment”
Review of Sky City Casino

Sky City Casino
More attraction details
Owner description: This mega complex has two casinos, restaurants, bars, hotel, theater and the 1,000-foot high Sky Tower, the tallest tower in the Southern Hemisphere, which offers magnificent views and bungee jumping. The casinos offer favorite table games such as Blackjack, Baccarat, Jai Sai and Roulette plus more than 1,200 slots and gaming machines.
Reviewed January 31, 2014

I found it was easy to spend a little more than you intend at the casino, but I enjoyed the experience of being there, and witnessing the atmosphere of fun, entertainment and relaxation, first hand! A wide variety of tables and machines got my attention at first, as I just wandered around, and watched others spend their money, sometimes winning heaps back! I had a 'flutter' on the machines, and won a good sum of money, (over-all), but I did spend to win!! You will never go hungry, or thirsty within the casino, as there are a couple bars, and a good selection of hot meals! If you are an 'all nighter' and want a good breakfast, just pop up the escalator to the Hotel's Fortuna Restaurant, and have breakfast! You don't have to spend too much money for a fun night of entertainment, but sometimes a little can go a long way!

Reviewed January 1, 2014

We had three different blackjack dealer's the first miss dealt three times the second kept dropping the cards and the third kept paying out wrong amounts. I couldn't believe the errors I was seeing. When we cashed out the first cashier counted wrong andwould have short changed us by 100 if another cashier hadn't checked her count. However they were all very personable but obviously need more training.

1  Thank aneleh11
Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

I would just like to firstly say the men and women before you enter the casino are excellent always ask for ID and are friendly people. Bar and waiting staff are also nice people unfortunately it ends there. I don't really know where to start I asked to be cashed out one night after winning only to be completely ignored! After four attempts to ask to be cashed out( 4 spins later) they changed the croupier and I said calmly " I have asked 5 times now can you cash me out" to which the pit boss tried to argue with me instead of apologise! Several croupiers have underpaid me and then to top it off whilst playing rapid roulette the croupier spun the ball landed in 14 but because it didn't show on the big overhead screen after ten seconds decided just spin again! Myself my partner and and Asian gentleman sat open mouthed and called for the manager at once. After 35 mins of messing around they did pay us out which I am gratefull for but thus sort of thing shouldn't go on on a casino. My advice don't play the word corruption comes to mind.

5  Thank Aucklandnz89
Reviewed October 26, 2013

We love to go to casinos. Many of our trips have included visiting local casinos. Well this one isn't exactly local for us - but we didn't want to miss it on our vacation. The actual tower reminds me of the Space Needle we have in Seattle. We had dinner at the deli. Tried to go to the buffet but they were all booked up for two and a half hours! Who would have thought there would be reservations for a buffet? We played the slots for a couple hours and found that there were many machines that we have at home, and a few that were different. By the time we left, the place was really humming with people. It is quite the nightlife place here. I'm sure we will go again before we head home. Even if you don't gamble there is plenty of people watching you can do. The atmosphere was fun and food at the Deli was good also, and huge portions for a reasonable price. We had enough left over for a whole other meal, but didn't want to carry it around with us.

3  Thank roch2772
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Family dinner extraordinaire with our daughter and son-in-law, splurge drinks, apps and in no hurry at sunset. We missed the Casino and chose not to bungy jump on full stomachs, save that for our next trip back.No one can make only one trip to New Zealand it lures you to come again and again.
Among our most special places on Earth !