We're a couple in our 20s and we stayed here for four nights in total...
- It's just up the road from Lantana Lodge, which is owned by the same guy, but this place is better. The communal area is much larger, he'd just bought new couches and the lounge was very comfy
- The building itself is an old mansion house, converted into a hostel. Lots of character!
- Free wi-fi
- Kitchen, whilst being very small, is fully stocked and you get free tea and coffee
- The manager is such a lovely dude, he'll give you loads of help if you ask!
- Very little. The beds had clearly quite cheap mattresses but it didn't bother me. The only issue is that the reception isn't staffed during lunch hours, so you have to call them and they'll walk up from Lantana Lodge to help you.
I'd recommend Parnell as a place to stay in Auckland. It's a beautiful little suburb with a great high street, lots of independent coffee shops and restaurants and pubs and bars. SO much better than Auckland town centre, and it's only 10mins up the road by bus.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, HostelWorld, Hotwire, Orbitz, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your City Garden Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- City Garden Hotel Auckland Central
- City Garden Lodge Auckland, New Zealand