This hotel was chosen because of its location next to the cruiseliner wharves. We had just a short walk to board our cruise ship as well as being central city. The staff were fantastic.
The hotel has a restaurant and tapas bar on their top floor. The views from there are terrific; however we found the food lacking with one meal being sub-par. We felt that the food even though not overpriced was not good value.
Overall we enjoyed our stay and will make this out base again when we visit Auckland.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking the picturesque Waitemata Harbour in the heart of Auckland city and located adjacent to Britomart transport centre, the hotel is an easy walk to the waterfront and the best shopping, restaurant and nightlife districts in Auckland. Mercure Hotel Auckland has conference facilities for up to 300 delegates, the Vertigo Restaurant and Bar located on the top floor offering magnificent views of the city and harbour as well as a gym and valet parking. All rooms come with broadband Internet access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, ACCOR, Priceline, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Mercure Auckland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Auckland Hotel Auckland Central
- Accor Hotel Auckland
- Mercure Auckland New Zealand