We spent our first night in New Zealand at the Great Ponsonby. Less than an hour from the airport, even in rush hour traffic, and a good location to enjoy an evening stroll down the hill to the harbour.
Just off Ponsonby Rd meaning that there is plenty of choice of places to eat and drink. Room was small but clean and freshly decorated. Staff were very friendly and offered us advice on alternative routes to take down the North Island to Rotorua.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relax in a quiet, heritage, 1890's villa in the middle of cosmopolitan Auckland, just 2 minutes stroll to Ponsonby's vibrant cafes, restaurants and galleries. Fifteen minutes by eco bus, five minutes by taxi to the waterfront or a 30 minute amble through Ponsonby's interesting streets. Close to Eden Park, the Zoo and all main attractions. Qualmark 4 star+ and Enviro Gold. Breakfasts are legendary. They are cooked to order, not just left in your fridge the night before. This is a place to have fun & meet other guests.Free, unlimited wifi throughout hotel, ipod docks, all sky channels in your room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Great Ponsonby Arthotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Great Ponsonby Arthotel Hotel Auckland Central
- Great Ponsonby Arthotel Auckland, New Zealand