Spent a few days in mid July 2012 at the beginning of our trip to discover New Zealand - we liked it so much that we decided to go back at the end of August, and that place (and its owners and staff) did not betray us! Quite strategically located in a very dynamic area of Auckland (reasonably close to CBD, which can be easily reached by bus or with a nice walk), this is an elegant and friendly place managed by two delicious, art-oriented people who just love to make you fell at home. Breakfasts are generous and healthy, and there's everytime the chance of chatting with the managers while enojying the food. Free-wifi available. The rooms and the living-room are extremely cosy. We will surely go back!
Blandina and Efrem
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relax in a quiet, heritage, 1890's villa in the middle of cosmopolitan Auckland, just 2 minutes stroll to Ponsonby's vibrant cafes, restaurants and galleries. Fifteen minutes by eco bus, five minutes by taxi to the waterfront or a 30 minute amble through Ponsonby's interesting streets. Close to Eden Park, the Zoo and all main attractions. Qualmark 4 star+ and Enviro Gold. Breakfasts are legendary. They are cooked to order, not just left in your fridge the night before. This is a place to have fun & meet other guests.Free, unlimited wifi throughout hotel, ipod docks, all sky channels in your room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Great Ponsonby Arthotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Great Ponsonby Arthotel Hotel Auckland Central
- Great Ponsonby Arthotel Auckland, New Zealand