We spent the last 2 days at the Great Ponsonby of our recent 2 week visit to Auckland for a family wedding. We were greeted by Jess who made us feel most welcome, whilst we were enjoying a pot of tea and coffee, she went through the tourist information we may need eg: the link buses, good places to eat etc. Our breakfasts were sumptuous cooked by Jess, she made the best hollandaise sauce. Gerry and Sally have a wonderful establishment, they have created a delightful warm atmosphere to stay with all the special touches, including the ECO products, a traveler may need especially the umbrellas outside the room which were put to good use. The location is superb, if the weather had been fine we could have walked into the city but alas the rain prevailed so the link buses were put to good use.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relax in a quiet, heritage, 1890's villa in the middle of cosmopolitan Auckland, just 2 minutes stroll to Ponsonby's vibrant cafes, restaurants and galleries. Fifteen minutes by eco bus, five minutes by taxi to the waterfront or a 30 minute amble through Ponsonby's interesting streets. Close to Eden Park, the Zoo and all main attractions. Qualmark 4 star+ and Enviro Gold. Breakfasts are legendary. They are cooked to order, not just left in your fridge the night before. This is a place to have fun & meet other guests.Free, unlimited wifi throughout hotel, ipod docks, all sky channels in your room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Expedia, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Great Ponsonby Arthotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Great Ponsonby Arthotel Hotel Auckland Central
- Great Ponsonby Arthotel Auckland, New Zealand