TripAdvisor
Post
Inbox
Search
1,526 results
All reviews travel desk rooftop bar new zealand big kitchen kiwi experience sky tower toni auckland
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The stay at base was great, the check in with Tom was super easy, and getting settled into our room was easy. The hostel is clean, and has good wifi. Would definitely stay at base Auckland again in the future.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Dayraytravels, Reception at Base Auckland Central Backpackers, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hey thanks for the great review!!

Reception Crew
Base Auckland

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Tom was beyond friendly when we walked in. Incredible service! When we got to our rooms they were very clean. Even did my laundry, everything was very easy. Makes traveling so much more fun. Music is bumping.

Trip type: Traveled with friends

Hey thanks for the great review!!

Reception Crew
Base Auckland

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Hostel employees very friendly especially Nakita. She got us on a tour we wanted to do last minute. Great location lots of bars and restaurants and shopping . Close to transportation to do tours outside of the city also

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Dayraytravels, Manager at Base Auckland Central Backpackers, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Kia Ora

Thank you for taking your time to leave us a review. We are very glad you enjoyed your stay with us.
We will let Nikita know your great feedback.

Reviewed September 16, 2019

Rooms were clean as well as the bathrooms. Tom helped out with every question I had through out my stay. The environment and people was here happy and up going. The breakfast the had was cheap and good. It filled me up for a full day of exploring.

Trip type: Traveled solo
Dayraytravels, Manager at Base Auckland Central Backpackers, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2019

Kia Ora

We will let Tom know your great feedback.

Reviewed September 16, 2019

This was my first time ever staying at a hostel so I don't have anything to compare it to, but there definitely are some pros and cons to Base Auckland!

Pro's:
- Great location; situated right on Queen Street and a quick walk to basically anything in CBD or on the water (ferries, Britomart, Sky Tower)
- Sky Bus shuttle from the airport drops off/picks up right outside
- Has a rooftop bar + Habana Joe's backpackers bar right next to the entrance
- Reception open 24/7
- Beds are comfortable
- Free wifi, but password changes everyday so you have to check the sign at reception

Con's:
- Showers and toilets are in seperate rooms
- Showers are kinda gross and one of the shower's on my floor didn't have a door (also please don't forget flip flops...I did and uhhh yeah)
- Reception can get busy with long wait times
- Walls are paper thin– you can basically hear people's convos in the next room
- Elevators take FOREVERRRR, but you can't take the stairs or an alarm goes off

Overall, I was in a four person mixed dorm and I liked it! There's nothing bad to say about it and met some great people who were coming and going. I can't comment on Base's other amenities (laundry, kitchen, breakfast, travel/job services) but I would consider Base if I'm ever in Auckland again.

Date of stay: September 2019
Dayraytravels, Manager at Base Auckland Central Backpackers, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago