I stayed many time in this hostel when I was in Auckland. I got all the times deals in the internet so it was the cheapest one and the price for that what I got was ok. The location is very good, it's in the middle of Queen-Street. The hostel is very big and what I did not like was, that there was not really a chill out area in the hostel. It was also not allowed to do some pre trink. The rooms were ok, but there was a smell in the whole hostel I cannot describe. What was not ok, was the cleaniless of the bathrooms, sometimes it was very disgusting in there. The security level is very good, there are big lockers under the beds. The staff is ok, but don't forget to check out on time, if you are a little bit to late, the hold your fund of the keycard. When I was here it was 20 NZD which is very expensive in my opinion. There is a nice backpacker bar in the basement of the hostel. I just would stay here again when if I get a good deal.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Award-winning Base Backpacker Auckland is located in the heart of Auckland city, less than 5 minutes walk to everywhere. We have fun working here so we know you'll have fun staying in our hostel. Former ACB, Base Auckland hostel is located in the heart of the city - central to shops, cafes, museums, Sky tower and only a few minutes walk to train, bus and ferry terminals and Vector Arena. The airport bus (Airbus) stops right outside our door! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Base Auckland Central Backpackers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Base Auckland Central Backpackers Hotel Auckland Central
- Base Auckland Central Backpackers New Zealand