You cannot beat the location of this hostel if you're interested in being right downtown. The staff are not overly helpful and the rooms are nothing great. Things are relatively clean, except for the kitchen, which is usually fairly appalling and lacking basic kitchen items (ie. peeler to peel carrots). I think they charge too much money for what you get, but if you just need one night in a downtown location, it's not the worst place to be. Some of the rooms do not have a window, so make sure to specify that you want a room with a window if that's important to you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Award-winning Base Backpacker Auckland is located in the heart of Auckland city, less than 5 minutes walk to everywhere. We have fun working here so we know you'll have fun staying in our hostel. Former ACB, Base Auckland hostel is located in the heart of the city - central to shops, cafes, museums, Sky tower and only a few minutes walk to train, bus and ferry terminals and Vector Arena. The airport bus (Airbus) stops right outside our door! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia and HostelWorld so you can book your Base Auckland Central Backpackers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Base Auckland Central Backpackers Hotel Auckland Central
- Base Auckland Central Backpackers New Zealand