Ways to Experience Queen Street
More Info
from $102.75
More Info
1,181 results
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed August 20, 2019 via mobile

Not that great a place to shop. Generally busy. If they could get rid of the cars. Lots of homeless people on the streets. First time I had seen queues for the high end female stores.

Date of experience: August 2019
Reviewed August 11, 2019 via mobile

I had extended my trip to spend a full day in central. Today is Sunday. After today, I know I will never do that again. (In my future trips, I’ll drive straight to the airport from wherever I come from.)

This street, so I heard, is supposed to be the busiest shopping street in Auckland central. 70-80% of shops are closed. (Thankfully the F&Bs are opened)

Alright, I get it. This happens in some other places too. We all need our rest. But hey, this is retail! This is central!

Alright again, let me imagine that today is weekday. Looking at the range of shops, I’m sorry to say it does appear pretty disappointing. I only managed to buy some stuff from the “Warehouse” at Elliot street! (Oh wait, that’s not queen street!!)

I guess I’m saying this because I’m just a “regular” tourist. Those of you who want to buy things from Prada, LV, etc - you’ve got queues and throngs of Mainland Chinese outside...

Bye bye queen street

Date of experience: August 2019
Reviewed August 1, 2019

We walked down Queen Street a couple of times during our stay in Auckland. Strolling on one of the main streets of Auckland gave us a glimpse of what the city has to offer as far as shopping goes.
Our expedition ended at the harbor. We spent time by the sea. Although it is the middle of winter, we were comfy wearing a jacket and gloves.
If you are in Auckland, and in the mood of walking, you will not be disappointed.

2  Thank ublax
Reviewed July 28, 2019 via mobile

Very busy street always lots of people, lots of nice shops and tasty food, just off of or close to many other things (such as art gallery, library, cinema, civic theater, aotea square, the skytower, viaduct, wynyard quarter etc), however the street could do with some TLC and some more rubbish bins perhaps, sad about the number of homeless people I know it's not their fault but it can be quite intimidating especially if you are an anxious person.

1  Thank worldatmyfeet128
Reviewed July 26, 2019

I walked around Queen Street a few times during my visit to central Auckland in July 2019. Queen Street is the main street in Auckland and is full of upscale stores, souvenir shops, some restaurants, fast food places. It is worth walking around for an hour.