“Nice stay”

Ranked #11 of 58 Auckland B&B and Inns
Birsfelden, Switzerland
“Nice stay”
Reviewed March 27, 2014

nice rooms with a bunk bett (the lower bett is very spacious and fine for two persons)
clean bathroom
nice stuff
parking available for 15dollars a day
Laudary service for 10 dollars
in walkingdistance to the city center
discount for the jucy car rental if you stay a night here, so we saved over 200 dollar for our rental car by staying one night in the Jucy hotel ;)

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
jucylucy_11, Customer Services Champ at Jucy Snooze, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Hi there,

Thanks so much for your review. Glad you made use of our JUCY Deals and had a great time in Auckland!

Lucy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for a concert in march. It was reasonably priced and the rooms were a good size. The room was clean and tidy. I would recommend staying here if you need somewhere to leave your bags and go and will only be sleeping there.

• Stayed March 2014
Hi there,

Thanks for your review. Glad you had a good stay with us and enjoyed getting out and about in Auckland! See you next time.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 24, 2014

This was an average but adequate hostel for a two-night stopover in Auckland after an international flight from Dubai, and en route to Napier. We slept OK, our room was reasonably quiet (for a hostel : )), the kitchen and lounge was a bit small but clean, the bathrooms were clean enough, and the location is great - we got the bus to and from the airport, and it was easy to walk around central Auckland. Hostels in NZ are surprisingly expensive, so this is a solid choice for those on a budget and in Auckland for a couple of days.

Room Tip: Our room was in the basement so not much natural light but it was quiet.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LM631
jucylucy_11, Customer Services Champ at Jucy Snooze, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Hi there,

Thanks so much for your review! Glad you enjoyed your stay at the JUCY Hostel! The location definitely makes it easy to explore the city! See you next time.

wellington,nz
Reviewed March 16, 2014

We stayed at the jucy hotel in auckland whilst up to attend a concert. We had a room with an ensuite bathroom which was clean and comfortable. Whilst this accommodation is more hostel than hotel, for the amount paid I think it is great value for money. It is located in a quite street, close to britomart and the Vecta Arena. Other hotels in the area are much more expensive. We arrived on Sunday afternoon and were greeted by Toby at reception. He was friendly and helpful. For convenience we took advantage of their parking ($15). The room was clean, with tv, comfortable bed and a good shower. It is very small, but when you are staying a short time, or want something cheap in the city, I dont think you can beat it!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
jucylucy_11, Customer Services Champ at Jucy Snooze, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Hi there,

Thanks so much for your review! Glad you had a great time in Auckland and enjoyed the location of the JUCY Hotel! See you next time!

Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed March 13, 2014

This was my fourth stay in Jucy Hotel, but I have to say it was the worst of all my stays so far even though I had a very nice room this time. For some reason I was put into a double room instead of a single on the lower floor where I usually stayed. This was very nice as I haven't slept in a big bed for ages, it was very comfy and the room was spacious - but so far all the rooms I've had at Jucy's were spacious, that never seems to be an issue.

However, the room was right next to a hallway door and guests don't really care much about opening and closing it quietly even in the middle of the night. It also was close to the lounge and even though there was a sign that it would be closed at a certain time, people were still using it close to midnight one night, which was a bit bad because I had to get up at 4am to catch my plane.

Leaving that early also made me "meet" the night portier for the first time. He was snoring away, a bit of drool running down his chin. Couldn't get him to wake up. Looked a bit dodgy and didn't leave a good impression at all. So I left the key in front of him as I didn't see much of a choice about how else to check out properly. Dear Jucy team: if someone gets paid to do the night shift, that person should also be prepared do actually do this job. After all, night shift people even get paid more than day shift people. I know what it's like. I worked night shifts in a cafe until 3 or 4 am in the mornings - but hell, I would have been kicked out if I had fallen asleep during my shift even if it wasn't very busy sometimes!

I found the bathrooms during my other stays nicer, but that was on a different floor. But that's just my impression. Everything was reasonably clean though I cannot comment on the kitchen/lounge as I did not use it.

I actually found an alternative to Jucy which I used for other stays in Auckland but their single rooms (same price as Jucy and even easier to get to from the bus station) were all fully booked, so I thought Jucy was a good alternative. I would still recommend Jucy Hotel to travellers - but simply don't expect too much from staff at night time. They just get paid to sleep it seems.

Room Tip: If you get a single room on the budget side, ask to be downstairs.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
jucylucy_11, Customer Services Champ at Jucy Snooze, responded to this review, March 16, 2014
Hi Kim,

Thanks so much for your review. We do our best to put customers in rooms they request, but when we are busy we are sometimes left without that option. Glad you found the bed conformable, many of our guests comment on how cosy the beds are!

The JUCY Hotel does have two sides – one side offering basic backpacker rooms with shared kitchen and bathrooms, and the other offering hotel-style rooms with private bathrooms. Sorry to hear you did not get much sleep due to noise in the communal kitchen. We do apologise as this facility is normally closed at 10pm.

The night porter that was on duty that evening was filling in for our full time night porter and we sincerely apologise again for your experience checking out. All of your comments have been passed onto Hotel Management. We do appreciate all feedback, and thank you for taking the time to let us know.

Julieb2007
Reviewed March 12, 2014

Rooms were good size and very clean - nice bright green and purple everywhere is great livens it up. Shower and toilets were clean and plenty of them. Didn't use the Kitchen so cant comment. Internet was good and Laundry service was ace!
All in all a good hotel/hostel!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
jucylucy_11, Customer Services Champ at Jucy Snooze, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Hi Julie,

Thanks so much for your great review. Glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again!

Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

Overpriced for what you get.

They dont even have a laundry room.

The internet was expensive and slow.

They dont have any travel or tour information in reception or even flyers so you have to go elsewhere.

Overall compared to other places it just seemed to be lacking.

• Stayed February 2014
jucylucy_11, Customer Services Champ at Jucy Snooze, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Hi there,

Thanks for your review. We're sorry that you didn't enjoy your stay with us. We do offer an overnight in-house laundry service at reception to all of our customers. In the reception area we do have a brochure display, which has many of the local attractions, as well as attractions across New Zealand. Our friendly staff are always more than happy to help with any questions or requests that our guests may have.

Thanks again for your feedback.

Lucy

Travelers are raving about these Auckland hotels