“Adequate for what you need”
Review of Jucy Snooze

Jucy Snooze
Ranked #11 of 58 Auckland B&B and Inns
Brisbane, Australia
“Adequate for what you need”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Stayed at Jucy for 2 nights in a private room/shared bathroom for 3 adults.

Great price for budget accomodation, bathroom and room were clean, albeit a little on the small size!

The outdoor area was a great chillout area and a great alternative to the living area and kitchen as they were in need of a deep clean!

Close to all the attractions in Auckland, waterfront, skytower, queen st, whilst we were there the tree outside was letting off a horrible smell which unfortunately lingered throughout the hostel.

Would recommend for people on a budget wanting convienient accomodation in Auckland!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
jucylucy_11, Customer Service Champion at Jucy Snooze, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Hi there

Thanks so much for taking the time to give us feedback on your recent stay.

The tree that you are referring to is called a Ginkgo tree, which from March through to the end of winter produces yellow berries which have a terrible stench. This tree is unfortunately in the park opposite our hotel, so we promise it’s the tree – not us!

I’ve passed your comments on regarding the cleanliness of the shared kitchen facilities to hotel management, so thank you.

It’s great to hear that overall you found the hotel suited your needs and was near all the main attractions. Thanks for recommending us!

Lucy xx

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Seattle
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Hotel-hostel combo; we stayed in an ensuite double on the hotel side. Check-in has a budget-traveller vibe; friendly and efficient service. Room was comfortable and clean and extraordinairy value, IMO. Slightly noisy late outside - you are in central Auckland - earplugs fixed it. Unbeatable location, walking distance to the harbour. I doubt any other centrally-located hotels can better their prices.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
jucylucy_11, Customer Service Champion at Jucy Snooze, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Hi there

It’s great you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your feedback!
I hope you enjoyed your time in Auckland and New Zealand.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Having had quite an enjoyable stay at Jucy myself, I was a little surprised to read the negative reviews. My partner and I stayed for a weekend in a double ensuite room. The room was on level 1 (I think the room number was 107) and on the hotel side of the hostel. I found the room to be clean, quiet though a little stuffy. The furnishings and paint seemed quite new; the linen felt quite nice and there was also a tv in the room. I found the room to be spacious enough, though we were travelling light. The service is not what you would call friendly and helpful - it's a bit casual, but I suppose it is what it is for a hostel.

The location of the hostel is very central. It is located up a fairly steep hill, but 10 minute walking distance to night life, the ferries, and a stop on the airport bus route. You will need to pay separately for internet but when you're on the main streets of the city, Auckland offers free 30min wifi which you can connect through your smart phone. Overall I found my stay at Jucy quite enjoyable - it was good value for a budget hostel that is centrally located, and definitely better value than anything similar in Sydney.

Happy travelling!

Room Tip: Our room was upstairs on the 'hotel' side and we had no trouble with noise at all.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Hi there

It’s fantastic to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found the location very central. We like to think that all our guests are greeted with a friendly smile and excellent service so I will definitely be passing your feedback on about your personal experience as it sounds like it was not up to our usual JUCY Standard and for that I apologise.

I do hope you enjoyed your time in Auckland and I look forward to seeing you again soon.

Oamaru, New Zealand
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Was looking for somewhere cheap to stay while in Auckland visiting friends for a week and decided to pick Jucy, cheap, great accommodation. The only downside in staying their 5 days my room wasn't cleaned once (Unsure if this is common practice or if I was supposed to ask but didn't bother me). Room backed onto alleyway which was a bit noisy but earplugs from a dairy nearby fixed this without a problem. Great facilities, friendly staff who always asked how my day had been when I came back in at night and I was also allowed to check in early as my room was ready. Overall it was a really great experience and I will be staying there again next time i'm in Auckland

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Tane B
jucylucy_11, Customer Service Champion at Jucy Snooze, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Hi Tane

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us feedback on your recent JUCY Experience.

It’s fantastic to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. To clarify why your room would not have been cleaned during your stay our property runs off a “plus-plus” model. This means that we offer our guests affordable rates and those guests that would like the extra luxuries (such as housekeeping) can receive these by paying extra for only the services they require. I’m sorry if this wasn’t made clear to you when checking in and I will pass this onto the team.

Wishing you all the best and we look forward to seeing you again the next time you’re in Auckland and need a place to stay.

Pontevedra, Spain
Reviewed March 27, 2013

the pictures are a walt disney fantasy. real thing is an old hostel, with wall painting peeling out all around. they try to make it look nice by having everything green and purple but it is just not enough. the toilets are dirty, and the shower had hairs. the rooms are too hot, you have to leave the windows open and therefor you get all the street noise at your bed. all I can say is that i would not recommend anyone to stay here. spend a bit more money and make sure you can rest properly.

ooh, yes, they have computers you can pay for. we asked the guy whether they have DVD and he said 'i dont know', we asked whether he could check and tell us, he said 'no, and the computers are not ours' not even looking at us while talking. terrible...

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Simon T
jucylucy_11, Customer Service Champion at Jucy Snooze, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Hi there

Thanks so much for taking the time to post comments on your recent stay with us. I’m so sorry to hear that our hotel did not live up to your expectations.

The bathrooms & showers on the shared side of our hotel are cleaned twice a day, both morning and night. If our guests do bring to our attention that they are dirty during the middle of the day we do arrange various miscellaneous cleans as and when required. I do apologise that you felt that these were not up to scratch.

All your comments including the ones about the bathrooms, rooms and our staff have been passed onto our management crew. We do appreciate feedback, as feedback is how we can continually improve the experience we offer our guests.

Lucy xx

Travelers are raving about these Auckland hotels

Nelson, New Zealand
Reviewed March 23, 2013

We normally stay branded hotels.......we booked this for location.......the location is very central downtown Auckland.near Vector Arena. but in a quiet street......I made a mistake on the booking dates but was over awed about the service we got from reception late at night and a week earlier than the booking made!!! We got a budget budget room on night one.........mmmmmmm very budget and noisy not that clean and shared facilities...not usually our gig!! Next 2 nights again thanks to awesome front desk in a room with facilities...quiet, clean and spacious.

Room Tip: The room numbers G01 to G06 are good maybe there are more.....rooms with just a number are the share...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
jucylucy_11, Customer Service Champion at Jucy Snooze, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Hi there

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us feedback on your recent stay with us. It’s fantastic to hear that our team exceeded your expectations with the customer service you received and they were able change your booking and get you into a room.

We’re glad you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope you had fun in Auckland. We look forward to seeing you again!

Warsaw, Poland
Reviewed March 12, 2013

It's easy to say that the Jucy Hotel Auckland is really cheap but it's all good that I can say about it. The young lady at the reception desk wasn't really enthusiastic about her job. The single room was small and not fresh with almost no daylight. It didn't look as in the pictures. I wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank tygrysm
jucylucy_11, Manager at Jucy Snooze, responded to this review, March 17, 2013
Hi there

Thanks for taking the time to place your feedback. Its good to hear you found us well priced. Regarding the pictures displayed- We have tried to display the room pictures as real to life as we can. We do have quite a few different rooms, Im sorry to hear you thought the single room with shared bathroom you stayed in did not meet your expectations.

Once again thank you for your feed back, good or bad, we really appreciate it.