Jucy Snooze
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Grand Millennium Auckland(Auckland Central)
$134
SKYCITY Hotel(Auckland Central)
$153
$136
  • Restaurant
SKYCITY Grand Hotel(Auckland Central)
$162
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Crowne Plaza Auckland(Auckland Central)
$139
CrownePlaza.com
  • Room Service
Heritage Auckland(Auckland Central)
$190
$121
$244
  • Restaurant
Waldorf Stadium Apartments Hotel(Auckland Central)(Great Value!)
$129
$102
Agoda.com
  • Fitness center
  • Free Internet
Kiwi International Hotel(Auckland Central)
$55
$53
  • Restaurant
All reviewsdouble ensuite roomemily placeno liftlaundry servicebudget hotelqueen streetquiet at nightsingle bedcentral locationbeds were comfortablesky towercar parkaucklandcityconcertloungekettle
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Was looking for somewhere cheap to stay while in Auckland visiting friends for a week and decided to pick Jucy, cheap, great accommodation. The only downside in staying their 5 days my room wasn't cleaned once (Unsure if this is common practice or if I was supposed to ask but didn't bother me). Room backed onto alleyway which was a bit noisy but earplugs from a dairy nearby fixed this without a problem. Great facilities, friendly staff who always asked how my day had been when I came back in at night and I was also allowed to check in early as my room was ready. Overall it was a really great experience and I will be staying there again next time i'm in Auckland

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank TaneB
jucylucy_11, Customer Service Champion at Jucy Snooze, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Hi Tane

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us feedback on your recent JUCY Experience.

It’s fantastic to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. To clarify why your room would not have been cleaned during your stay our property runs off a “plus-plus” model. This means that we offer our guests affordable rates and those guests that would like the extra luxuries (such as housekeeping) can receive these by paying extra for only the services they require. I’m sorry if this wasn’t made clear to you when checking in and I will pass this onto the team.

Wishing you all the best and we look forward to seeing you again the next time you’re in Auckland and need a place to stay.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

the pictures are a walt disney fantasy. real thing is an old hostel, with wall painting peeling out all around. they try to make it look nice by having everything green and purple but it is just not enough. the toilets are dirty, and the shower had hairs. the rooms are too hot, you have to leave the windows open and therefor you get all the street noise at your bed. all I can say is that i would not recommend anyone to stay here. spend a bit more money and make sure you can rest properly.

ooh, yes, they have computers you can pay for. we asked the guy whether they have DVD and he said 'i dont know', we asked whether he could check and tell us, he said 'no, and the computers are not ours' not even looking at us while talking. terrible...

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Simon T
jucylucy_11, Customer Service Champion at Jucy Snooze, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Hi there

Thanks so much for taking the time to post comments on your recent stay with us. I’m so sorry to hear that our hotel did not live up to your expectations.

The bathrooms & showers on the shared side of our hotel are cleaned twice a day, both morning and night. If our guests do bring to our attention that they are dirty during the middle of the day we do arrange various miscellaneous cleans as and when required. I do apologise that you felt that these were not up to scratch.

All your comments including the ones about the bathrooms, rooms and our staff have been passed onto our management crew. We do appreciate feedback, as feedback is how we can continually improve the experience we offer our guests.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

We normally stay branded hotels.......we booked this for location.......the location is very central downtown Auckland.near Vector Arena. but in a quiet street......I made a mistake on the booking dates but was over awed about the service we got from reception late at night and a week earlier than the booking made!!! We got a budget budget room on night one.........mmmmmmm very budget and noisy not that clean and shared facilities...not usually our gig!! Next 2 nights again thanks to awesome front desk in a room with facilities...quiet, clean and spacious.

Room Tip: The room numbers G01 to G06 are good maybe there are more.....rooms with just a number are the shared ones I think
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
jucylucy_11, Customer Service Champion at Jucy Snooze, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

Hi there

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us feedback on your recent stay with us. It’s fantastic to hear that our team exceeded your expectations with the customer service you received and they were able change your booking and get you into a room.

We’re glad you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope you had fun in Auckland. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed March 12, 2013

It's easy to say that the Jucy Hotel Auckland is really cheap but it's all good that I can say about it. The young lady at the reception desk wasn't really enthusiastic about her job. The single room was small and not fresh with almost no daylight. It didn't look as in the pictures. I wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank tygrysm
jucylucy_11, Manager at Jucy Snooze, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2013

Hi there

Thanks for taking the time to place your feedback. Its good to hear you found us well priced. Regarding the pictures displayed- We have tried to display the room pictures as real to life as we can. We do have quite a few different rooms, Im sorry to hear you thought the single room with shared bathroom you stayed in did not meet your expectations.

Once again thank you for your feed back, good or bad, we really appreciate it.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

I recently stayed there for 5 nights in a private double room (with ensuite bathroom). Everything was great! The staff were very friendly and helpful! The room was nice too, the bed was very comfy which made my sleeps really good. There were like 4 pillows in the room which I liked it too. The bathroom was quite big with again lots of towels and shower bath/shampoo also provided. The TV worked fine, from kiwi channels to chinese and koreans. There is a jug and sachets of tea/coffee/sugar if you wanted to have a coffee in the room. I didn't try their coffee on ground floor though. As for the location, it was easy for me to find it as I knew the area pretty well but it's really close to the supermarket, and a short walk to town and the bus stop to/from the airport.
There were only 2 issues: the noise like some others mentioned, I could clearly hear what the people next to my room was talking about, the room doors that kept slamming, the housekeepers in the morning when cleaning other rooms.
Then there is the smell. As you enter the second floor's hallway, there is a really weird smell which was also there in the entire room. It did bother me at first but then I guess, I got used to it. And also, I don't know if it's the case for other rooms, but there is there was no possibility to open the window which can be really disappointing especially on hot summer days or when you just need some fresh air.

However, I will definitely stay at Jucy Hotel again!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo