“Convenient location”
Review of Jucy Snooze

Jucy Snooze
Reviewed July 6, 2012

I recently stayed in a twin room with share bathroom. Located just a few minutes walk to Queen Street. The building is quite old and could sometimes be noisy if the guest staying on 1st floor is "running". The room is clean and bed is clean, overall quite value for the price. Staff are friendly. It would be better if there is a heater or more blankets in the room, as it gets quite chill in the morning.

Room Tip: avoid the room near the stairs if you want some good sleep.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Management response:Responded July 8, 2012

Hi Elaine-

Thank you so much for taking the time to post feedback on your recent stay with us.
It’s so great to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and that you found our rooms and location good value for money.

We work really hard on our customer service, so it’s great to hear that you found that our staff friendly. I have passed your comments about the extra heating in the 'hostel rooms' to the hotel management as we are always looking to improve our service.

We look forward to seeing you again next time you’re in Auckland and need a place to stay.

Reviewed June 27, 2012

I recently stayed at the Jucy hotel in Auckland. I had a single room without bathroom ( just down the hall ) and was quite pleased for the price. It is centrally located just off od Customs St.and and an easy walk to Queen st,Sky Tower etc. The staff was very friendly and the hotel was located in a safe area. I paid only $ NZ 51 for a single room with a towel, sheets and bedding provided, which is quite good for a central city location. They can provide a simple continental breakast for $5. There are also dorm rooms for around NZ $30.
The bed and room were pretty spartan, but hey everything was clean, they had hot showers and you could use computers for the internet. Jucy also rents cars. Nothing fancy, but good value for money!

Room Tip: My room was quiet, but it was not real busy. Room 9 on 2nd floor had a view of a blind wall.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Management response:Responded July 2, 2012

Hi Scott

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us feedback on your recent stay with us. We really appreciate it!

I’m glad you found our staff friendly, the room clean and enjoyed your stay.

We look forward to seeing you again the next time you’re in Auckland and need time to stay.

Reviewed June 14, 2012

The decor is very modern and colourful - a great bright start when you're feeling a bit 'new' to the whole travelling 'thing'. Friendly enough staff and clean rooms. Great size social room with sofas, big telly and DVDs, nice set up. The location was perfectly close to the centre without being noisy.

Only improvement that could be done...The bathroom and kitchen could have been checked a little more often as bathmats were sometimes dirty and simple things like putting pots away weren't always done by others.

Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Amanda P
jucylucy_11, Customer Service Champion at Jucy Snooze, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2012

Hi Amanda

Thanks so much for your feedback. It’s great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, including our bright colours and friendly staff!

We appreciate your feedback regarding the bathroom and kitchen. I’ll pass your comments onto our hotel manager to make sure that hotel cleaners keep on top of these areas.

We look forward to seeing you again if you’re ever back in Auckland and need a place to stay.

P.S Love the photos!

Reviewed June 11, 2012

Kia ora Jucy, thank you for the main ingredients that I look for at any hotel/motel etc. Fire Alarm (in my room anyway), Emergency Fire Exit & a bed. :))

Early morning flight from Welly (Sunday 10th, the final day of lady Gaga concert) my first time to Ak (apart from Nth Shore..Is that AK) booked for 1 night I arrived at the hotel about 9am (I knew I was early but I wanted to drop off my day pack & suss out the city) I didn't realise I was booked in at 2pm but hey sweet as... I had time to spare... First thing I need to look for, Vector Arena wow it was just around the corner so to speak.

Then the city, "So Jucy" I didn't have to pull out my map which I had printed before leaving Welly... ALL amenities, the city, Sky Tower, Ferry's, Trains, cafe's, Buses..etc... I am an outdoorsy person, a hiker , you didn't need tramping boots (not that I took mine).

I return to the hotel to find my room ready (thank you to the dude on the morning shift Sunday 10th) he RAN to check if the room was clean & ready, great Customer Service's CHEERS BRO! I then head out again met up with my bro, & return about 5pm to listen to a group of happy drinking ladies laughing & yahooing, (I gather the lounge was directly above my room seems they were next door). But it didnt go on...I was ok with it.

At the end of the day all I needed was a bed & a mirror...lol I was out more than in...& for the price I paid I can concider staying there again, I had a great sleep after the concert, as I mention I'm a hiker, & we can pay far more on a "Great Walk" track. Jucy it & Use it... Ka ki te (cul8r)

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
jucylucy_11, Customer Service Champion at Jucy Snooze, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2012

Hi there

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us feedback on your recent stay. It’s fantastic to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and that you found our staff friendly, rooms clean and our location great!

I hope you enjoyed Lady Gaga (I’m jealous) and we look forward to seeing you again next time you’re in Auckland and need a place to stay.

Reviewed May 23, 2012

Booked a twin room on the hotel side when my daughter and I made a quick trip up for the Frankie Valli concert in April. Room was excellent, warm and clean and, as I thought when booking, it was within easy walking distance of the Vector Arena. Car parking a bonus too. Would definately stay here again on any trip to Auckland - so handy to so many things.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
jucylucy_11, Customer Service Champion at Jucy Snooze, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2012

Hi there

It's fantastic to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you found our facilities suited your needs and our central location great!

We look forward to seeing you again next time you're in Auckland and need a place to stay.

Reviewed May 16, 2012

Had nice stay in Jucy, nights were not noisy and we had good sleep, staff was helpful and nice. Hotel itself needs a bit renovation, at least bathrooms... and kitchen should have more cups. Otherwise would definately recommend.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
jucylucy_11, Customer Service Champion at Jucy Snooze, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2012

Hi there

Thanks for your feedback – we really appreciate it!

It’s great to hear that overall you had a great stay & you found our staff helpful and friendly. I’ve passed all of your feedback onto our hotel manager, so thank you as feedback like yours helps us to continually improve the experience we offer our guests.

I hope you enjoyed your time in Auckland.

Reviewed May 16, 2012

This place simply gets it right. It is the most basic of hotels but the rooms are extremely clean and very large. We got a twin with ensuite bath, the shower was huge and everything was super comfortable.

There are facilities such as a kitchen and lounge which we did not make use of, but when we looked they seemed very nice. We needed a parking space that was safe (vital in central Auckland) and the hotel had very reasonable rates for in and out parking. Like most backpackers there is some traffic noise but it is not excessive.

If you are doing the Auckland tourist experience (I was visiting family but wanted some privacy), then you are walking distance to the Sky Tower, Waiheke & Devonport Ferry, and Queen Street. There are plenty of places to catch a bus if you want to visit Ponsonby or Mt Eden you are 5 mins from the Link Bus stops. The airport bus stops just around the corner.

The real star of this show is the staff though, they were friendly, helpful, knowledgeable and simply made the stay.

I would DEFINITELY recommend this hotel to anyone wanting an inner city hotel with no frills but good comfort. We paid around $220 for 3 nights in a two bedroom ensuite - that's very good value for money. I didn't have a Jucy car but if you do parking is FREE, they gave me 2 nights for free because I was a member of the now defunct Jucy club.

Just a great place and I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family

Hi there

It’s so great to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found our rooms, facilities and location all suited your needs.

We work really hard on our customer service, making sure that everyone who comes through our doors (or rents some JUCY Wheels for that matter) has a fantastic experience. So it’s great to hear that you found that our staff were the stars of the show!