“Modern and Convenient Location”
Review of Jucy Snooze

Jucy Snooze
Reviewed June 14, 2012

The decor is very modern and colourful - a great bright start when you're feeling a bit 'new' to the whole travelling 'thing'. Friendly enough staff and clean rooms. Great size social room with sofas, big telly and DVDs, nice set up. The location was perfectly close to the centre without being noisy.

Only improvement that could be done...The bathroom and kitchen could have been checked a little more often as bathmats were sometimes dirty and simple things like putting pots away weren't always done by others.

Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Amanda P
jucylucy_11, Customer Service Champion at Jucy Snooze, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2012

Hi Amanda

Thanks so much for your feedback. It’s great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, including our bright colours and friendly staff!

We appreciate your feedback regarding the bathroom and kitchen. I’ll pass your comments onto our hotel manager to make sure that hotel cleaners keep on top of these areas.

We look forward to seeing you again if you’re ever back in Auckland and need a place to stay.

P.S Love the photos!

Reviewed June 11, 2012

Kia ora Jucy, thank you for the main ingredients that I look for at any hotel/motel etc. Fire Alarm (in my room anyway), Emergency Fire Exit & a bed. :))

Early morning flight from Welly (Sunday 10th, the final day of lady Gaga concert) my first time to Ak (apart from Nth Shore..Is that AK) booked for 1 night I arrived at the hotel about 9am (I knew I was early but I wanted to drop off my day pack & suss out the city) I didn't realise I was booked in at 2pm but hey sweet as... I had time to spare... First thing I need to look for, Vector Arena wow it was just around the corner so to speak.

Then the city, "So Jucy" I didn't have to pull out my map which I had printed before leaving Welly... ALL amenities, the city, Sky Tower, Ferry's, Trains, cafe's, Buses..etc... I am an outdoorsy person, a hiker , you didn't need tramping boots (not that I took mine).

I return to the hotel to find my room ready (thank you to the dude on the morning shift Sunday 10th) he RAN to check if the room was clean & ready, great Customer Service's CHEERS BRO! I then head out again met up with my bro, & return about 5pm to listen to a group of happy drinking ladies laughing & yahooing, (I gather the lounge was directly above my room seems they were next door). But it didnt go on...I was ok with it.

At the end of the day all I needed was a bed & a mirror...lol I was out more than in...& for the price I paid I can concider staying there again, I had a great sleep after the concert, as I mention I'm a hiker, & we can pay far more on a "Great Walk" track. Jucy it & Use it... Ka ki te (cul8r)

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
jucylucy_11, Customer Service Champion at Jucy Snooze, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2012

Hi there

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us feedback on your recent stay. It’s fantastic to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and that you found our staff friendly, rooms clean and our location great!

I hope you enjoyed Lady Gaga (I’m jealous) and we look forward to seeing you again next time you’re in Auckland and need a place to stay.

Reviewed May 23, 2012

Booked a twin room on the hotel side when my daughter and I made a quick trip up for the Frankie Valli concert in April. Room was excellent, warm and clean and, as I thought when booking, it was within easy walking distance of the Vector Arena. Car parking a bonus too. Would definately stay here again on any trip to Auckland - so handy to so many things.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
jucylucy_11, Customer Service Champion at Jucy Snooze, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2012

Hi there

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us feedback on your recent stay with us.

It's fantastic to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you found our facilities suited your needs and our central location great!

We look forward to seeing you again next time you're in Auckland and need a place to stay.

Reviewed May 16, 2012

Had nice stay in Jucy, nights were not noisy and we had good sleep, staff was helpful and nice. Hotel itself needs a bit renovation, at least bathrooms... and kitchen should have more cups. Otherwise would definately recommend.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
jucylucy_11, Customer Service Champion at Jucy Snooze, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2012

Hi there

Thanks for your feedback – we really appreciate it!

It’s great to hear that overall you had a great stay & you found our staff helpful and friendly. I’ve passed all of your feedback onto our hotel manager, so thank you as feedback like yours helps us to continually improve the experience we offer our guests.

I hope you enjoyed your time in Auckland.

Reviewed May 16, 2012

This place simply gets it right. It is the most basic of hotels but the rooms are extremely clean and very large. We got a twin with ensuite bath, the shower was huge and everything was super comfortable.

There are facilities such as a kitchen and lounge which we did not make use of, but when we looked they seemed very nice. We needed a parking space that was safe (vital in central Auckland) and the hotel had very reasonable rates for in and out parking. Like most backpackers there is some traffic noise but it is not excessive.

If you are doing the Auckland tourist experience (I was visiting family but wanted some privacy), then you are walking distance to the Sky Tower, Waiheke & Devonport Ferry, and Queen Street. There are plenty of places to catch a bus if you want to visit Ponsonby or Mt Eden you are 5 mins from the Link Bus stops. The airport bus stops just around the corner.

The real star of this show is the staff though, they were friendly, helpful, knowledgeable and simply made the stay.

I would DEFINITELY recommend this hotel to anyone wanting an inner city hotel with no frills but good comfort. We paid around $220 for 3 nights in a two bedroom ensuite - that's very good value for money. I didn't have a Jucy car but if you do parking is FREE, they gave me 2 nights for free because I was a member of the now defunct Jucy club.

Just a great place and I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family

Hi there

Thank you so much for taking the time to post feedback on your recent stay with us.

It’s so great to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found our rooms, facilities and location all suited your needs.

We work really hard on our customer service, making sure that everyone who comes through our doors (or rents some JUCY Wheels for that matter) has a fantastic experience. So it’s great to hear that you found that our staff were the stars of the show!

We look forward to seeing you again next time you’re in Auckland and need a place to stay.

Reviewed May 5, 2012

Arrived at the Hotel after picking up a jucy rental car and right from the start the staff were great and very helpful. Had an ensuite room and yeah it might be an old revamped building but the room was huge and well appointed for the money. Having parking in the basement was a real bonus although we were able to walk easily to the attractions like the Viaduct, Vector Arena and the Sky Tower. Would definitely stay there again

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
jucylucy_11, Customer Service Champion at Jucy Snooze, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2012

Hi There

Thanks so much for your feedback – we really appreciate it.

It’s fantastic to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found our staff helpful and our location great!

Reviewed April 13, 2012

We arrived at Jucy Hotel at 2am and the receptionist was very helpful and helped us book in within minutes. I was extremely impressed with the value for money for the rooms at the place. There were four of us and we were able to get a 4 person room for only $20 a night each which was pretty impressive.

The hotel has a cool, casual vibe about it which made us feel comfortable and while we spent almost zero time in the hotel apart from sleeping, the place was always clean and the bathrooms were very hospitable with a good pressure shower (something that i hard to find at hostels or backpackers that i have been to).

We went up to Auckland from Wellington for 2 days to catch the NZ breakers home final at Vector Arena. If you are ever going to an event at Vector Arena and need cheap accommodation this is the place to go. It is literally within a 5 minute max walk. Also a tip is to go to the burger place "The White Lady", about a 3 or 4 minute walk down the road on Commerce Street after 6pm for the best burgers in Auckland.

While having to pay for wireless and even the desktop computers for internet was a little disappointing, that is really grasping for straws and we were very happy with the stay. One minor complaint that may not have anything to do with the hotel itself, was that there was an awful smell outside the hotel for the duration of our two day stay. It was actually revolting and one time we realised we didn't remember to pick up something minor at a store once we had got back to the hotel room but didn't bother going back so we didn't have to pass through the smell. But as I said this may have been a one off occurance and may not have been any fault of the hotel.

Overall very happy with the stay and a great value for money!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
jucylucy_11, Customer Service Champion at Jucy Snooze, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2012

Hi there

Thanks so much for taking the time to post feedback on your recent stay with us.

It’s great to hear that you enjoyed your stay, you found our staff friendly, our rooms clean and the price of our rooms affordable.

Just to explain the unpleasant smell this actually comes from the Ginkgo Tree which is located in the park opposite our hotel. This tree produces Ginkgo Nuts during Autumn and these have a very unpleasant smell to them which is what you would have experienced.

Again, I’m glad to hear that you had a fantastic stay with us while you were here in Auckland and
we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

P.S Go the NZ Breakers!