“well worth a visit”

Book In Advance
Buy Tickets Online
$31.51*
and up
Auckland Museum Entry Ticket including Maori...
Buy Tickets Online
$17.51*
Auckland Museum General Entry Ticket
$48.32*
Discover Auckland Scenic Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: Discover the history and culture of New Zealand through this memorial to those who sacrificed their lives in wartime.
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Best museum in New Zealand. Very comprehensive. Good section on early settlers. Good cafe too. Allow a full afternoon or morning to see everything.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

I take my grandchildren at least twice a year and there is always something new to see. My girls are 5 and 8 and absolutely love the place. It certainly is one of the best places to spend a day. It s amazing how much information little minds soak up, they have learned so much. We always make a day of it, take our own picnic and find somewhere pleasant in the domain to sit. Highly recommended. Its free admission for Auckland residents which is great for senior citizens and families.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

Fabulous museum with a detailed history of NZ and the pacific island cultures. Amazing Maori artefacts. Weird and wonderful is the kids area with hands on exhibits and live animals. Worthy of a look for adults as well! Be aware that you cannot usually take backpacks or nappy bags into the museum... Handbags are okay for some reason! They have storage lockers available for free though.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

I really loved Auckland Museum. It is situated in an impressive building which almost reminded me of Lincoln Memorial (US).
The views from the big terrace are lovely and you should definitely bring your camera and wait for good weather.
The museum has heaps of interesting stuff about NZ and I enjoyed looking at the Maori artifacts or the earthquake simulator.
It's definitely worth a visit and if you're not much into museums you just skip some rooms and still have a neat experience.
Btw, the cafe downstairs has awesome paninis.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

I visited this place with my friends and honestly I was not expecting much out of it rather just another place to spend time and to add into my list of visited places in NZ. But to my surprise, it was a great informative place with plenty of eye catching things and believe me 2-3 hours went short to discover it completely .

Over all it is free for Auckland residents. Come with family and kids or friends and you will enjoy for sure.