Tripadvisor
Auckland Central
1,426 results
All reviews viaduct harbour great location bars and restaurants car park washer and dryer city view deluxe suite maritime museum your doorstep accor member small balcony good size separate bedroom light sleeper full kitchen new zealand ferry terminal
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Do not stay here, I travel the world and this s by far my worst experience to date, I feel sick. I don’t even think I can list everything that’s wrong. It’s dirty and I mean filthy. Please review the photos I took - none of the vents are clean, the decor is over 20years old with a small attempt more recently to upgrade - but it’s more like lipstick on a pig!

Date of stay: January 2020
Eliesa F, Assistant Front Office Manager at The Sebel Auckland Viaduct Harbour, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Abloorable,

Thank you for sharing your experience on our hotel. The team at The Sebel receive tremendous feedback from our guests who return year after year, so I am disappointed to hear this was not the case for you. I apologise for this. The hotel is reviewing the rooms and we hope to have a refurbishment programme in place soon.

Your feedback will be shared with the team to ensure we are striving to provide the best facilities and services available.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Spent 4 nights here and staff helpful . The entrance is poorly thought out as no obvious ramp for luggage or disabled it was a distance around the side which has massive roadworks at moment so not a good start but a receptionist helped us. As mentioned in other reviews it is noisy and I felt I did not get a full harbour view which I paid for. Yes rooms need a major refurbishment, I had to go round 3 rooms to find a freezer that did not have 6 inches of ice and actually worked. No maintenance on fridges!! I was unable to make ice for 24 hours and there is no ice machine.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Ideal spot but the property is getting a bit tired. Nice view of everything going on in the Viaduct.
Parking prior to check in is a bit tricky as well with no availability outside the front entry
No on site Sebel restaurant but all public ones are handy.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear davidhM7955FB,

Thank you for your review on our hotel. While we are glad that you took advantage of the location of our hotel, I am sorry for the issues you faced during your stay. We appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your experience at the The Sebel Auckland Viaduct Harbour. Our team at The Sebel strives to provide a superior service experience for every guest, therefore your feedback is very important to us. The Hotel is currently reviewing the rooms and we hope to have a refurbishment programme in place soon.

We appreciate you sharing your concerns, and we hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Unfortunately, the extreme noise from the bars outside the hotel, every night We were there kept us awake in the middle of the night by rowdy patrons and music. This was supposed to be a special occasion for our 25th wedding anniversary, travelling from Australia for a long weekend.

We had by far the worst experience in a hotel. As the CEO of a global company that travels the works and stays in many top quality hotel, this was by far the worst hotel experience. We couldn’t sleep at all until the bar music and patrons stopped screaming at 3:30am (2 night stay on harbour side). I’m writing this at 3:44am on one of the nights.

Furthermore, the hotel did not do or say anything special about our event despite knowing about it.

The rooms are also extremely tired and moderately clean.

We will not ever stay here again, even if we were paid to be a guest.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank globaltravellergirl

Dear globaltravellergirl,

Thank you for the review on our hotel. I would like to apologise for the noise caused by the bars nearby. Noise is an experience which we don't want our guest to encounter and management are aware of this situation. Unfortunately as these bars / eateries have legal licenses to operate until late hours, this leaves the hotel with having not much control over them. We always encourage our guests to immediately inform our Duty Managers at the desk if they experience any discomfort or any disruptions during their stay. Our team could have offered you another room or an alternative option to ensure you had sound sleep. Please accept my sincere apologies for this. It is mainly because of our location, that most of our guests choose to return year after year. However, I apologise this was not the case for you.

We appreciate you sharing your concerns, and we hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed January 6, 2020

We are Accor Plus Platinum members and have stayed at Accor Properties around the world frequently. The location of the Sebel Auckland Viaduct was outstanding and offered great views of the Auckland Sky tower on one side and the harbour on the other side. The hotel also had great access to the many restaurants and bars on the harbour side. Within the room itself, we found washer and dryer in the room to be very useful and convenient.

Other than location, we found the hotel to be very average in comparison to other Accor Properties we've stayed at, and in some regards, below average. The lack of a gym and onsite restaurants was a major detractor. There is a gym nearby that can be used, but for $8 a day. Also, the lack of any form of breakfast in the morning (not even coffee) was unheard of for us. We were told we could go to the Accor hotel down the street 3 blocks for breakfast if we wanted to, but that is a major inconvenience. It would be great if the hotel partnered with a local restaurant to offer breakfast to their guests versus having to pay for a breakfast at a local restaurant.

The other detractor we encountered was the relatively poor service from the hotel staff when we encountered an issue. We discovered towels that were dirty and possibly used (uncleaned) in our room - but folded up and presented as clean towels. It was not until we went to use them that we discovered that they were dirty. The response from the hotel was not what you would expect for this type of mistake. The person that brought the new towels to the room did not even apologize - simply said they would "look into it". Definitely not what we expected to hear after we almost dried off with a dirty towel!! Aside from this issue, the staff was friendly, but their issue resolution needs improvement.