The Sebel Auckland Viaduct Harbour
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
CityLife Auckland(Auckland Central)
$200
$122
Hotels.com
  • Pool
SKYCITY Grand Hotel(Auckland Central)
$155
$148
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Crowne Plaza Auckland(Auckland Central)
$139
CrownePlaza.com
  • Room Service
$249
$230
  • Restaurant
Grand Millennium Auckland(Auckland Central)
$129
  • Restaurant
Scenic Hotel Auckland(Auckland Central)(Great Value!)
$132
$98
Agoda.com
Hilton Auckland(Auckland Central)
$237
$216
  • Restaurant
Waldorf Stadium Apartments Hotel(Auckland Central)(Great Value!)
$123
$146
$122
Travelocity
1,228 results
All reviewsviaduct harbourbars and restaurantsgreat locationmarina view suitewasher and dryerstudio suitecar parkmaritime museumaccor memberaccor hotelsyour doorstepsmall balconyfloor roomgood sizedining tableferry buildingseparate bedroom
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 21, 2012

I have stayed here on and off for a few years now and its now become my favourite "fall back" hotel when my favourite isn't available. I was only staying for two nights mid week this time. Essentially the Sebel suits are appartment style hotel rooms in a great Auckland location. The rooms had been starting to look a bit tired and dirty, but it appears that they have a little bit of a make over. Nothing extravagent, just enough to bring the rooms back up to standard.

The rooms / suites are large and have great views over the Viaduct with sliding doors and balconies. You can get a bit of late night noise from the entertainment areas below but its not too bad. The furnishings are comfortable and the room has all the features you would expect. AC and shower worked well. There is no easy WiFi (unless you get a router for the front desk), but the broadband ethernet connection in the room worked fine....although this limits you to working only at the desk. All the staff were friendly & helpful as usual.

All in all, still a good business hotel and also one that I would consider if I was holidaying in Auckland.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 19, 2012

We recently stayed here for 2 nights. Great location, views of the harbour, numerous restaurants and pubs very close by, and also convenient for the Auckland CBD. Not forgetting very clean rooms, helpful staff, and comfortable beds. We had a 3rd floor room facing the harbour, above the restaurants, but weren't disturbed by noise. A very pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Go for a marina view room, even though they are more expensive
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 18, 2012

We enjoyed a weekend in the Sebel Suites hotel. The room was nice and clean, and equipped with a small kitchen. We liked the fact that the bathroom had both a shower cabin and a bath. One can park in the (somewhat tight) parking garage below the hotel for NZD 26 a day.

The location is great, on the harbor waterfront in the middle of all the Viaduct bars and restaurants. This also brings a possible downside: the noise (especially Friday and Saturday night). We had a room (3rd floor) on with city view and were not bothered by the noise, but we could hear some already despite being further away from the bars.

Fans of Asian food, don’t forget to try the very good restaurant across the road, Monsoon Poon.

Room Tip: Rooms on lower floors with harbour view can be noisy because of all the bars below.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 15, 2012

The Triathlon World Championships were being held in Auckland from 14-22 October. I arrived in this hotel on Wednesday 17 October. I had booked in for 7 nights and booked a harbour view room. When I reached the room it was an 'inner' corner room with a very poor view of the harbour. I returned to reception and expressed my concern, and I was offered a more suitable room but smaller. As I was travelling alone the room was suitable and the view was much better so I accepted the new room. There was a kitchen, sitting room/dining room, bedroom and large bathroom. The view over the harbour was wonderful and you could entertain yourself just 'people watching'. There were a series of restaurants on the waterfront below the hotel and you could use any of these and charge the meal to your room. I however, used the restaurant 'Mecca' and paid cash. A lovely restaurant with an excellent menu who did not regard a single dining person as 'odd'. I had no trouble sleeping at night and was unaware of any noise from the bars and restaurants below which I had read about prior to my stay. The room was serviced promptly by housekeeping so if I returned during the day the room was pristine! Auckland was packed with all the international teams attending the Triathlon event which gave the city a lovely air of competition.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Mary W
Reviewed November 12, 2012

We enjoyed two nights in a harbour view jnr suite. We picked the hotel as it was the best of the a limited number that had rooms still available on the weekend that Coldplay were in Auckland. That said we would choose to stay here again. It was quiet busy. Contrary to many reviews we found that the sound was no problem. Yes there is a lot of noise from the bars and restaurants, but on lvl 4 this was not noticeable after the windows were shuts and blinds fully drawn.

We stayed with two infant kids and found the hotel very child friendly. The location was great. Underground parking, fantastic restaurants on your door step, a beautiful harbour and the tepid pools across the street.

The only disappointment was wifi. There was no hotel wifi picked up so I paid for some substandard local services. I asked on checkout and found out they had wifi routers at reception that you connect to the existing cable service. If a $100 motel or even McDonalds can do quality free wifi, then Sebel should be able to host wifi.

In the end, I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Get a room on a higher level to avoid any noise. We enjoyed our room, but the harbour view from Room 413 was obscured by a wall that prevented you from seeing the harbour. Other hotels would might call this more correctly 'partial harbour views'. From the couch we had better views of the other guests enjoying the harbour than the actual harbour. We would ask for room with full harbour views next time.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family