Cordis, Auckland by Langham Hospitality Group
$242
$210
Hilton
  • Restaurant
SKYCITY Grand Hotel(Auckland Central)
$166
$156
SKYCITY Hotel(Auckland Central)
$125
$120
  • Restaurant
CityLife Auckland(Auckland Central)(Great Value!)
$207
$130
  • Pool
Grand Millennium Auckland(Auckland Central)(Great Value!)
$111
$96
  • Restaurant
Scenic Hotel Auckland(Auckland Central)(Great Value!)
$107
$99
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Auckland(Auckland Central)(Great Value!)
$119
  • Room Service
Pullman Auckland(Auckland Central)(Great Value!)
$130
$199
$184
Agoda.com
4,762 results
All reviewsfree shuttlethe palm courtthe club loungehigh teaexecutive roomchocolate fountainturn down servicesteam roomnew zealandfive star hotelbuffet breakfastvalet parkingan upgradek roadlong flightcity centrequeen street
Reviewed January 9, 2011

We stayed 2 nights on the concierge floor while stopping over on the way to Australia from USA. We wanted a full service property after a night at a more rural property an hour away from Auckland called Sea Fields. Concierge floor here is very good, more food than usual and rather good stuff. Butler service is friendly. Internet service was adequate and the gym at the hotel was rather good. Spa was also nice. Breakfast and dinner at the new buffet downstairs were both excellent. Shuttle service to the touristic waterfront areas worked well. In-room amenities were very high quality. We're not crazy about the 1.5% credit card surcharges but are finding this to becoming standard in the region. There is a playground about 10 minutes walk away and plenty of things you can walk to within 20 minutes of the hotel such as the Auckland Museum and the Domain. Altogether, we found this an ideal base to explore Auckland and to use as a stopover between New Zealand and points beyond if you want a 5 star full service facility.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed January 8, 2011

Although I live in Auckland, we occasionally like to give ourselves a 'mini break' and stay at a hotel for the weekend. After previously being extremely disappointed by the Auckland Hilton which is suppose to be of similar quality, I was pleasantly surprised by how clean, modern, comfortable, and well decorated the Langham was - it made the Hilton look like a run down motel. I am yet to stay at all of the 4 and 5 star hotels in Auckland but so far this one is definitely my favourite. Actually - it's probably the best hotel I've ever stayed at anywhere, considering the value for money. The service was friendly, and I really enjoyed the health spa area of the hotel - especially the pool and the herbal steam room. We had dinner at Number 8 restaurant which I had only recently heard about and it was fantastic. I have very strict dietary requirements - I've never encountered a hotel restaurant that was so willing to go out of their way for me so I was very grateful. Anyway, I definitely recommend this hotel for anyone coming to Auckland. Regarding the location, it's only a couple of minute walk to Queen St. I saw the someone wrote on here that it was out of the city centre - they must have been lost as it's definitely in what is considered the cbd and is about 3 - 5 minutes walk max to Queen st, and probably 5 - 8 minutes walk to High st.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 7, 2011

I stayed at the Langham for two nights on my way out of NZ. I was impressed with the friendly and competent staff. I was upgraded upon arrival and the room was lovely, clean and spacious on the 6th floor.

I lived in Auckland in the eighties, and I chose to stay the The Langham this time precisely for the location. Easy access to K Road, Queen Street and a quick bus ride away from Newmarket. A lovely walk back past the Domain and along Grafton Bridge.

The new restaurant Eight had just opened. The kitchen closed at 10pm, and I was looking at the food at 9.30 pm. Other diners were obviously enjoying their meals. I thought some of the food (salads and vegetable bakes and sides) I was shown, by a very friendly and competent waitstaff who took me around the eight stations, was rather tired and not that fresh looking. I think this may come right though as the restaurant settles.

I left a rather expensive face wash in the bathroom of my room, and I was very impressed that the hotel emailed me to let me know this. Kudos to the room cleaners.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank JRSinYokohama
Reviewed January 4, 2011

Stayed at The Langham Auckland over Christmas. Wonderful Christmas Eve spent in their amazing new dining experience Eight. Excellent food with something for everyone. Staff friendly and helpful, nothing too much trouble. Christmas Day Afternoon Tea also lovely. Would recommend highly.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed January 3, 2011

ThIs hotel is not in the best of Locations, it is at the very top of Queens Street up near the Motorway, about 15/20 minutes walk to the CBD but the hotel does provide a free shuttle bus to and from the city so this did not really bother me.
The hotel is approx 30 years old and it desperately need a refurbishment. It only has 1 bar , which is in the hotel Lobby , this seems to cater more for afternoon teas so does not have the right feel as a evening bar. A lovely out door bar / coffee terrace is definatley needed.There are 3 tables that i think they call a terrace next to the main entrance and the carpark,(not really relaxing for an afternoon drink in the sun!)
There are 2 restaurants , 1 called Eight which has just opened , 8 culinary kitchens in one restaurant but when we found out this restaurant double up for Breakfast in the mornings we decided to give it a miss. The Breakfast was an additional $37 each and the hotel was full on New years eve so they wanted us to queue the next morning for breakfast for half an hour before we got a table .
The hotel rooms are very average, desperately need a refurbishment. We got a good deal on agoda website so i think we got the cheap room on floor 4, as my mum was on floor 5 and the furniture in her room was alot better.
The bathrooms are tiny and smelt of damp, the shower was so small over the bath, that my husband head could touch the ceiling.
The pool area is tiny , 20 sunbeds , 3 tables and a hot tub! Guest are fighting to get a sunbed. It needs planting out nicely to make this area look better , Maybe even a sun terrace were you can have a relaxing drink!
Overall the experience in this hotel was not great , It is more like a 3 star ! we would not return to this hotel again or recommend friends but in all fairness i dont think Auckland has a true 5 star hotel so were would you go .I have been recommended a boutique hotel called "mollies" but that is approx $500 per night so alot more expensive.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple