We stayed at the Langham for one night to celebrate out wedding anniversary. Upon arriving in the forecourt we were met by Greg who was very friendly and helpful, he arranged to have our car valet parked then ushered us to reception to check in.
John at check-in was also extremely friendly and efficient.
After the brief check in formalities we got to our room, (667) and were VERY impressed with the decor and ambience. The bed was huge and very comfortable, the quality of the furnishings and drapes were top of the line from the walnut inlays in the dressing cabinets to the elegant table and chairs. There was plenty of room to move around and the bathroom was quite large and equally impressive as well with nice soaps, shaving kit etc.
Shortly after entering our room a quality bottle of bubbly arrived with two glasses.
We were planning to dine at Partingtons but decided the more casual SBF buffet restaurant, the meal was a little on the pricey side but for those who love meat and seafood it was reasonable. Being vegetarian I felt the options were a little limited. As usual, the staff were excellent.
The winery was also a great place to have that last glass of wine before turning in, lovely ambience again with a fantastic range of wine.
Arriving back at the room it was lovely to see the bed turned down with slippers placed on a bath towel either side of the bed and also chocolates nearby, a nice touch.
The next day, we had a late start as we had slept in!!, the room was so quiet and dark thanks to the blackout curtains.
After browsing the Sunday paper and supplements were had breakfast at SBF again and this time I felt spoilt for choice, fantastic hash browns!!
Checkout again was a breeze and our car waiting for us as we left the reception.
The Langham would be most definitely be the best hotel we have stayed at in New Zealand, lovely friendly service, fantastic rooms and elegant atmosphere make this a great experience, we will return again with our daughter next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our 5-star luxury Auckland hotel in Auckland's CBD offers: 409 rooms and suites* Dining at Eight restaurant and Palm Court* 24hr business centre* Free Wifi* Spacious meeting & banqueting facilities* Central CBD location* Luxury sedans available for airport transfers & sightseeing* Complimentary inner city shuttle service to waterfront* 24hr room service* Chuan Spa luxury Day Spa* 24hr fitness centre* Heated outdoor pool plus sauna and Jacuzzi* Walking to distance to Auckland city attractions including museum, art gallery, shops and restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your The Langham, Auckland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Langham Auckland Hotel Auckland Central
- Langham Hotel Auckland
- The Langham Hotel Auckland
- The Langham, Auckland New Zealand