“Simply the BEST”

Ranked #5 of 67 Hotels in Auckland
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Simply the BEST”
Reviewed February 26, 2014

Outstanding service, pristine rooms and one of the best swimming pools I've ever had the pleasure of swimming and soaking in. Thank you to the The Langham Staff. Plus the sushi was out of this world. Certainly the best I've ever tasted.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (626)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Whangarei, New Zealand
Reviewed February 26, 2014

I love the Langham Auckland. This visit was my birthday and my husband and I experienced the Tiffin Afternoon High Tea. We had the best two hour, No mobile signal experience. The food was amazing. The sense of escaping the hustle and bustle was an unexpected but pleasant surprise. The bedding is so comfortable, we almost didn't leave the room for dinner. My best experience I have to mention the high service that was arranged by F & B Manager Anastasia Varlamova. Who ensured our stay from check in to check out went without a clitch and had me feel like we were given the VIP treatment. Our High Tea Booking had been communicated at the Front Office and this was mentioned on arrival. A table was reserved for us at the High Tea and due to a cancellation at Christmas, I asked Anastasia to hold our refund as a Gift card for me as I didn't want this lost in the post. My 'Special Package' was delivered to us, without me having to feel awkward asking about it. That is great service and for her efforts alone sets the high standard of service that gives me confidence to rate this Hotel full marks for service. My less scoring is aimed towards the value and is based on the Room only rate. We did not have the same view as we did from our previous stay and paid less through another online website at that time. And although the bedding is first class, I have stayed at less rating Hotels with a nicer view and better decor. However, looking forward to staying again SOON ;-)

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
tlakl, General Manager at The Langham, Auckland, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Thank you very much for your warm words and we are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your birthday stay with us. We genuinely enjoy making our hotel a special haven for our guests to relax in. Our new Tiffin Afternoon Tea at Palm Court really is a treat, and we agree it’s the perfect way to celebrate. Thank you too for your positive feedback about Anastasia and we have passed this on to her. We shall look forward to welcoming you soon!
Trabuco Canyon, California
Reviewed February 26, 2014

A hotel really is a home away from home for those who travel quite a bit. Although you would like all the comforts of home, at a minimum you expect to be well taken care of. Langham Auckland far exceeds anyone's expectation of customer service. Their attentiveness to detail and willingness to listen and take care of your needs is outstanding. I have been staying there for the last 3 years on my trips to New Zealand and I wish I would have known sooner about how much I really like the hotel. If you stay in Auckland make sure to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
We are pleased to hear that our hotel is a home away from home for you. It’s our aim to make every guest feel welcome and relaxed and it’s a pleasure to take care of our guests’ needs so they can enjoy their visit. It’s always good to hear from our regulars and we do hope you have joined our 1865 programme (free to join). It has some great additional benefits for our frequent stayers, including late check-out and an express check-in/out service. We shall look forward to seeing you next time.
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed February 25, 2014

It wasn't a good start - two concierges managed to studiously ignore us and avoid helping us unload our luggage from our car on arrival. Check-in was merely efficient but at least in was quick. Our standard room was spacious if rather dated in appearance, much like the rest of the hotel. The bed proved to be the hotel's best asset - it was blissfully comfortable which we both liked enormously and provided a good nights sleep - albeit after we'd turned off the fridge which was very noisy. We eat a light dinner in the bar - again the service was efficient but my food was a disaster. One mouthful was enough to confirm, mine was stone cold. It was whisked away quickly and a replacement arrived soon afterwards but the 2nd attempt was now merely luke warm. By now I was hungry enough to eat it anyway without further comment. How hard can it be to provide hot food on a hot plate? Clearly it's beyond this kitchen's ability because I had to ask for a hot plate at breakfast the following morning. At least the scrambled egg was tasty and hot but whoever cooked the crispy bacon needs lessons! Check out was also efficient - our car was ready outside within moments - and the one of the porters offered help with our luggage. Overall a mixed result and one I'd accept as okay if it wasn't a Langham Hotel because the comfortable bed in a quiet room goes a long way in redeeming it but as a Langham it fails badly. Whoever manages this one needs to spend some time at a Langham in Hong Kong to find out how it should really be done. Lastly whoever thinks this is a 5 star hotel should get out more. It's not even remotely close.

Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed February 25, 2014

My husband and I loved our stay at The Langham Hotel. The service was excellent and the room was impeccable; most definitely our cup of tea. It was definitely worth the money and we will going back there again very soon. Thank you for making our stay an enjoyable one!!!

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed February 25, 2014 via mobile

Across three decades, this beautiful hotel has shone. Refurbished rooms since its move to Langham keep the experience contemporary. A stunning foyer and one of the best hotel restaurants in the world, yes in the world (Eight) as it does breakfast and lunch equally as well. From the Porte cochere to the business centres, this is a first class hotel in a great location. See you again soon!

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Melbourne
Reviewed February 24, 2014

We loved the Langham, all except the lifts! The service was great and our room was great, nice and comfortable. When we travel we like to walk everywhere but the location of this hotel made it hard, as the walk back is very hilly, not very enjoyable. The lifts were another story, we would wait 10 minutes on average and one time we waited 30 minutes - by which we ended up going to the front desk and they ended up taking us up to our floor what i assume was the staff elevator. That said it was the Auckland NRL 9 weekend and the hotel was fully booked, and i think one lift was out of service as it never came down to the lobby.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comments and your positive feedback about the service and room. Our apologies that the lifts were slow that busy weekend, but we are pleased to hear that the staff were able to assist you. Should you stay with us again, please do ask at Concierge about taking our shuttle for the return journey. Our drivers are more than happy to collect guests from the downtown area.