This hotel came highly recommended and upon first arrival I was so blown away by the attention to detail. Little touches; the lighting in the bathroom, your slippers laid out for you in the evening, complimentary water in the evening, an ipod dock on the alarm clock. Beautiful hotel spa, pool. Floor length robe and slippers provided. Excellent variety in the mini-bar. Newspapers delivered in the morning, etc. They were also lovely about early check-in when arriving from an early flight from the airport. The breakfast buffet at $39 (or continental at $29) was excellent value for money with an amazing selection of international food options and omelets cooked to order. With all this going for the hotel, it was a pity to encounter the attitude of some of the staff that they simply couldn't be bothered. The 'courtesy' van driver was the worst of the lot - leaving us stranded in downtown rush hour when we were 4 minutes late to pick-up (we had booked). The van had not even turned the corner but when we phoned to alert him to our whereabouts, he refused to turn around - simply because he couldn't be bothered (he said). The waitress in the bar told us she was 'very busy right now' when we requested sugar with our tea. Another charming instance was the front desk attendant who couldn't decide if she could allow us to withdraw cash with an eftpos transaction. Seriously? The other let down from a 5 star world class hotel was having to pay for wi-fi. As much as I adore the decor and luxury of the Langham, these tiny incidents made us feel unwelcome. Given the choice of so many other excellent high-end hotels in Auckland Central it seems a shame to count this one out.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our 5-star luxury Auckland hotel in Auckland's CBD offers: 409 rooms and suites* Dining at Eight restaurant and Palm Court* 24hr business centre* Free Wifi* Spacious meeting & banqueting facilities* Central CBD location* Luxury sedans available for airport transfers & sightseeing* Complimentary inner city shuttle service to waterfront* 24hr room service* Chuan Spa luxury Day Spa* 24hr fitness centre* Heated outdoor pool plus sauna and Jacuzzi* Walking to distance to Auckland city attractions including museum, art gallery, shops and restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Priceline, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Langham, Auckland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Langham Auckland Hotel Auckland Central
- Langham Hotel Auckland
- The Langham Hotel Auckland
- The Langham, Auckland New Zealand