“Wedding Anniversary Treat”

Cordis, Auckland
Ranked #5 of 66 Hotels in Auckland Central
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Overall our trip was enjoyable. I was a bit disappointed with the size of the room. The toilet and bathroom together was a little dated but overall the cleanliness of the room was satisfactory. A complimentary bottle of wine was included in our package which I asked on booking in could be served with our dinner at EIGHT that night. On arrival to our room we found the bottle had already been left there and no one came to take down to the restaurant for dinner. The location is fine as the shuttle was available should the need arise to go downtown . The staff were amazing everyone we spoke to were poilite and helpful. The EIGHT experience started off well but toward the end of the night our table hadn't been cleared of dishes and we had to ask for this to happen. Breakfast at EIGHT the next morning was very disappointing. The food was cold and some of the food had been sitting so long had become dry. A few grizzles but the experience was still worth it.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (4,559)

Reviewed March 24, 2013

After we finally found it, everything went very well. Quick check in. Rooms as expected. Good bed, quiet, close to elevator as asked for. Good coffee maker in room. One of the better hotel brunch buffets I have had for sometime. Certainly for the price. Gave a late check out.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 24, 2013

A week has gone by and now settled back in Australia my mind STILL wonders of to the phenomenal Langham Auckland. I brought my partner over to NZ to pretty much show off my country. I needn't have really gone to as much trouble organising a North Island tiki tour I could have just sold NZ on "The Langham" alone. We had booked the chuan journey (spa and stay). From the moment I pulled up and valet took over we were regarded as royalty being welcomed back to the palace. I was always greeted by my name and even the finer details were precisely managed and executed beautifully. We were fortunate enough to be upgraded to the governors suite due to mechanical issues in the chuan suite. The suite completely took our breath away and it then became our bucket list experience !!! The unlimited access to the club lounge was exceptional. The food provided was nothing short of 5 star. Thankyou Langham for the experience of a lifetime, you are certainly the main talking piece of our remarkable holiday. The Spa and massage experience was out of this world and possibly not able to be beaten. No wonder you guys are the best of the best. We are planning to fly over and do the Langham experience again in the next 12 months, we have caught the bug.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
tlakl, General Manager at Cordis, Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

Thank you for your very positive feedback and we are happy to be such good ambassadors for New Zealand. Our Chuan Journey package, which includes a complimentary massage and a 15% discount on further spa treatments, is great for people who want to make the most of Chuan Spa’s wonderful facilities. Good to hear we have bucket list status – our Governor’s Suite really is very luxurious and we agree, it’s pretty hard to beat. We shall look forward to seeing you back again next year.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

the staff at the langham hotel were so friendly and helpful i was astounded. they even pretended to cry when i left. the rooms are beautifully styled. peaceful lovely sleep. fantastic food. great service. one of my favourite hotels.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 20, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed in one of the Chuan Spa rooms- was the most relaxing, comfortable and luxurious rooms we've stayed at. Had a lovely massage, experienced all the spa and swimming facilities. Absolutely blissful. Was sad that we'd only booked 1 night. A great getaway for couples anytime!

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank MalsNZ
tlakl, General Manager at Cordis, Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

Good to hear you enjoyed your stay in our Chuan Spa suite – they are a great option for guests who want to make the most of the spa and facilities. We have a regular weekday special on our Chuan Journey package so it’s always worth enquiring about this. We hope to welcome you both again soon.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed at The Langham for one night during our first trip to New Zealand. We had an excellent stay and the service was superb. While the service was 5 star, the furnishings are quite dated which is why I say this is a 4+ star hotel instead of a 5. That said, I would most definitely stay here again. Here is what I loved about The Langham in Aukland:
1. Great service with front desk, valet, and concierge. They allowed us to check in early when our room was available which was very welcome after such a long journey. Our room wasn't ready when we arrived at 9am but they called me by 11 am to say we could pick up our keys which I thought was just fantastic. All staff are friendly and helpful. The lobby is very nice.
2. The bed....AMAZING! Now, we were so tired it's entirely possible I could have slept on a card board mat that evening but truly, the bed was divine. The room was quiet and we got a great night's rest.
3. Beautiful pool and spa area. After spending the morning exploring Aukland (the hotel is a quick 15 minute walk from the harbor- though uphill on the way back- next time we'd use the free shuttle!), we decided to relax the rest of the day by the pool. There is a beautiful spa area that is open to guests which includes changing rooms with saunas, etc. I actually didn't notice these until we were done at the pool and I wish I would have explored earlier. You do not have to get a service to take advantage of their wonderful changing area/spa rooms. The pool was lovely.
4. This might sound silly, but one of the things I love about a luxury hotel is luxury towels and the Langham delivers big, fluffy, beautiful towels! I also thought the turn down service was a luxurious touch. Mints on my pillow just make me happy.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a nice stay in Aukland. Here's a quick breakfast tip we received from the concierge- just accross the street (up the ramp and to the left) is a little place called Cafe Crema which has great coffee and lovely breakfast items to go. They also had nice looking sandwiches to take with you for lunch.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

another great stay at the langham and look forward to staying again next march and hopefully this may for 19th wedding anniversay. after previously staying at the the stamford plaza with easy acces to the city staying at the langham and having to take a cab was far mor enjoyable and would recomend the langham to friends and business associates

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your warm words and good to hear you are a regular with us! If you haven’t joined already, we recommend that you sign up to our 1865 Loyalty programme. You can enjoy a great range of loyalty benefits, including free internet, airline partner miles and at senior levels, a complimentary room upgrade. It’s well worth it! We hope we shall be able to welcome you for your anniversary celebrations in May.