My husband and I recently stayed at The Langham for one night during our first trip to New Zealand. We had an excellent stay and the service was superb. While the service was 5 star, the furnishings are quite dated which is why I say this is a 4+ star hotel instead of a 5. That said, I would most definitely stay here again. Here is what I loved about The Langham in Aukland:
1. Great service with front desk, valet, and concierge. They allowed us to check in early when our room was available which was very welcome after such a long journey. Our room wasn't ready when we arrived at 9am but they called me by 11 am to say we could pick up our keys which I thought was just fantastic. All staff are friendly and helpful. The lobby is very nice.
2. The bed....AMAZING! Now, we were so tired it's entirely possible I could have slept on a card board mat that evening but truly, the bed was divine. The room was quiet and we got a great night's rest.
3. Beautiful pool and spa area. After spending the morning exploring Aukland (the hotel is a quick 15 minute walk from the harbor- though uphill on the way back- next time we'd use the free shuttle!), we decided to relax the rest of the day by the pool. There is a beautiful spa area that is open to guests which includes changing rooms with saunas, etc. I actually didn't notice these until we were done at the pool and I wish I would have explored earlier. You do not have to get a service to take advantage of their wonderful changing area/spa rooms. The pool was lovely.
4. This might sound silly, but one of the things I love about a luxury hotel is luxury towels and the Langham delivers big, fluffy, beautiful towels! I also thought the turn down service was a luxurious touch. Mints on my pillow just make me happy.
I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a nice stay in Aukland. Here's a quick breakfast tip we received from the concierge- just accross the street (up the ramp and to the left) is a little place called Cafe Crema which has great coffee and lovely breakfast items to go. They also had nice looking sandwiches to take with you for lunch.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Designed for guests who value heartfelt service and engaging experiences, Cordis Auckland is located in a lively uptown area, within walking distance of the city’s museum, galleries and shops. The 411 modern rooms and suites are meticulously tailored to your way of life. Thoughtful extras and stylish interiors reveal a genuine attention to detail, with the latest in connectivity including complimentary high-speed Internet (15MBps) and a free-to-use smartphone in every room with a built-in city guide. The contemporary Eight restaurant and sophisticated Lobby Lounge offer stylish places to dine and socialise, while peaceful Chuan Spa and a heated roof-top pool create the perfect urban retreat for guests to relax and unwind. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Cordis, Auckland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Langham Auckland Hotel Auckland Central
- Langham Hotel Auckland
- The Langham Hotel Auckland
- Cordis, Auckland New Zealand