I usually stay at the Hilton when in Auckland but ended up here for a work conference last week. When you approach the building you already get a bad feeling as it looks just horrid from the outside, one of those ugly grey hotel blocks from a different time. I once stayed at the property about ten years ago when it still was a Sheraton and guess what- it still looks exactly the same as back then, even inside! It was dated ten years ago already but if they have invested anything since then, than it is certainly not visible. The lobby is old and dimly lit, all has a really ugly wooden touch to it like you haven't seen since the 80ies. The room itself had horrid old furniture in it, all seats and sofas had stains from decades of other guests doing who-knows-what in their seats. Upon entering the room, you would also get a big breeze of the typical old hotel smell, a mix of mould and cleaning products, yikes! I did like the pool though the water was heated to a far too high level which I didn't know ever existed outside the US. Actually- the whirl pool was only lukewarm so the two almost had the same temperature! It is also very obvious that Langham is based in Asia, the spa offers a lot of humbug ying yang treatments and the corporate colors are a most disgusting combination of piggy- rose and gold which hurts your eyes on the in-room dining menu and similar items. On the positive side, at least during our corporate sessions, the employees were extremely friendly and always at hand and the conference food also was excellent. I can't, however, tell whether the staff is always genuinely so caring or whether it was only because we were a big group and single parties get completely ignored which is something I have witnessed quite regularly at all sorts of hotels.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our 5-star luxury Auckland hotel in Auckland's CBD offers: 409 rooms and suites* Dining at Eight restaurant and Palm Court* 24hr business centre* Free Wifi* Spacious meeting & banqueting facilities* Central CBD location* Luxury sedans available for airport transfers & sightseeing* Complimentary inner city shuttle service to waterfront* 24hr room service* Chuan Spa luxury Day Spa* 24hr fitness centre* Heated outdoor pool plus sauna and Jacuzzi* Walking to distance to Auckland city attractions including museum, art gallery, shops and restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Agoda, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Langham, Auckland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Langham Auckland Hotel Auckland Central
- Langham Hotel Auckland
- The Langham Hotel Auckland
- The Langham, Auckland New Zealand