“Amazeballs”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
“Amazeballs”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

I took advantage of their "Five Star Fling" offer for my boyfriend's birthday and it was the most amazing and relaxing stay! Our stay included a room, valet parking, a bottle of champagne, breakfast at Eight, full use of Chuan Spa and they even sent up a plate up of delicious chocolates when they heard we were there to celebrate a birthday.

The hotel staff were very excellent and attentive. We had breakfast at Eight, which had a very extensive breakfast selection (I only wish I could have tried everything!), followed by a morning at Chuan Spa. The steam room and snail shower at the spa were amazing while the pool was very tranquil - you'd never know you were in the middle of the city!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (626)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Melb, Australia
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Once again I stayed at The Langham Auckland in June for business for three nights - and once again it did not disappoint!
The staff actually welcomed me, remembered me and looked after me!
Valet parking staff had my car waiting each morning, as requested.
Wakeup calls were actioned..
My room was ready, even thought i arrived at an odd hour whilst travelling on business.
And because i was in Auckland on business - it's great that there is the use of the computers on level 6 - which you can use 24 hours - perfect for when you have to catchup on the business emails and so forth after a day of work out of the office/when travelling.
The rooms are clean, spacious and also sound-proof so great for catching up on sleep whilst suffering jetlag and privacy ( not having to hear people in the hallway). the rooms have enough space for business papers//folders/storage and the beds are comfortable, etc.
I'll definitely be back and will no doubt be just as pleased that I've chosen this hotel for another business trip to Auckland..
Note; easy location for all areas within both South & North Auckland by Car, and close to K-Road shops and parks for morning walks!

Room Tip: Computers on Level 6 have 25 hour access - very handy!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed October 5, 2012

I had 5 of my team stay at the langham for around 40+ consecutive days, and yet they insisted I pay for 2 hours for the use of a meeting room? The internet was flaky (latter confirmed to be a technical issue). Breakfast was good, room was small and dated. Overall I think this hotel is living off the back of its name rather than value or customer service.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Kawakawa, New Zealand
Reviewed October 3, 2012

I stayed at the Langham recently for a conference and again was impressed by all facets of the hotel: superb service from the staff, professional in all standards, the rooms were top rate and the Restaurants continue have excellence in quality. My dinner at Barolo was again sublime.

this is not an inexpensive hotel but you do get what you pay for in life.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Snapperseeker
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Well where do you start, we were met by the concierge and had our car valet parked.
The porter took all our bags and delivered then to our room, we walked into the reception,
Where we were greeted by a lovely receptionist who booked us in, she asked if we needed to be escorted to our room and would we like a guide of the hotel and its features.
Nicky the guide, I hope that’s what her role was, escorted us around and took us up to our room.
The room was a club room, we paid a little extra but the extra features turned out to be well worth the extra money. The room was clean and tidy with a great big sumptuous bed. The bathroom had all the features and extras you could expect. Down to tooth brush and tooth paste in case you had forgot to pack one.
With the club room you have access to the club lounge on the 10th floor where Tea coffee and soft drinks are always available free of charge.
Between the hours of 5.30 and 8.30 they have cocktails and canopies served free of charge.
The lovely lady Judy served us and was so polite and helpful. For breakfast we had ours in the main restaurant number eight. We could also have had breakfast in the Club lounge,
Eight had a selection you just could not believe they had anything I could imagine from fresh breads cold meats, full cooked. Omelettes and eggs cooked to order, fruit even ice-cream
This is how a hotel experience should be. 10 Star not 5 stars.
We would definitely recommend this hotel and we will be coming back.

Room Tip: Club room was definately worth the extra.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Gerryriddler
tlakl, General Manager at The Langham, Auckland, responded to this review, October 7, 2012
Thank you for your very positive feedback about our hotel and staff. Great to know you enjoyed your stay in our Club Room and made good use of the Club Lounge – the evening drinks and canapés are always popular and a good way to meet other guests. We agree, it’s definitely worth upgrading for a more luxurious experience! We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Kind regards
Darren Thurlow, Hotel Manager
Reviewed October 1, 2012 via mobile

The Langham was quiet with great facilities, and an excellent breakfast. No complaints at all except there is no free parking but after all this is the Auckland CBD. The outdoor pool and spa are a great amenity. My son remarked that the ceilings seemed low but I can't say I noticed. Highly recommended

• Stayed September 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed September 30, 2012

After 3 months in hospital we treated our 18 year old daughter to a special birthday weekend at this beautiful hotel. We wanted to make everything really nice so I rang ahead and asked if they could do something special and provide us with a room with a view. I also asked for an early check in as we had booked our daughter in for a massage at their lovely Chuan spa. We couldnt get an early checkin but as we had booked a suite we were able to use the Club lounge while we waited for the room. An hour and a half later I rang down to see if our room was ready and it was. I think they forgot about us. A nice touch were the lovely ladies dressed in pink chanel suits who showed us where the spa was. It was quite a distance from reception but they accompanied us. When I arrived at the room it was on the second floor and had no view and nothing special had been organised for my daughter's birthday as promised. I contacted reception and explained what had not happened and they were absolutely marvellous. We received a beautiful room with a view and 30 minutes later a plate of chocolates arrived with Happy Birthday written in chocolate.

Our booking included full use of the club lounge which was absolutely amazing. Beautiful food and drinks including breakfast and dinner were served throughout the day. The staff there were wonderful and very professional. Our room was excellent but the television was a bit fuzzy as it was not HD.

We had dinner at Eight which was okay. The selection was excellent but the desserts were not very tasty and seemed like they had been prepared well in advance (not fresh). We were also served cold coffee at the end which wasnt a good way to finish.

Overall, the accommodation is fabulous and the staff are fabulous. The valet team were wonderful and gave us each a bottle of water when we left. Would definitely recommend to all to stay here. I am sure Eight will improve but next time we will probably eat at the club lounge and venture out. Oops must also mention that we were contacted the next day as we had left our daughter's GHD hair straightners in the bathroom. 10 out of 10 for honest staff.

Room Tip: When requesting a room with a view, make sure the staff member taking your request makes a note of t...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family