“A great hotel with exceptional service.”

The Langham, Auckland
Ranked #5 of 66 Hotels in Auckland
GreenLeadersSilver level
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
“A great hotel with exceptional service.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for 9 nights in early May. He had business meetings in Auckland and someone from there had recommended this hotel. We arrived at 1:00 pm and they already had a room available. We chose to pay the extra and get a club room, and were not disappointed. The first room we were given,however, had a musty smell and the hotel moved us to a different room on our request. The room was very clean and had a very comfortable bed. All the staff were very friendly and professional, especially Nadine, Judy and Andrew in the Club room lounge. The breakfast was very good with plenty of choices. The hotel has a shuttle that takes hotel guests to the downtown area several times a day. This is a free service. The coincerge was very helpful in getting us tickets to a rugby match, and getting me a hair appointment at a local salon. We were extremely pleased with the service at this hotel and would highly recommend it for business or pleasure.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (616)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2012

My husband and I got a secret hotel deal here and absolutely loved it. We enjoyed a Tiffin Afternoon Tea in comfy armchairs with brilliant, friendly service and real variety for your money. We had a standard room with an amazingly comfy bed, beautiful facilities and an evening turndown service (chocolates left on our pillows, slippers by the side of the bed). Lovely pool on the rooftop, not big but big enough. The one shame about the spa was that the sauna and steam rooms are in the changing rooms (which are obviously split into male and female) so my husband and I couldn't use them together. We had lunch in the Eight restaurant which was incredible - pay a flat rate (not cheap but as a treat well worth it) and help yourself to as much as you like from a variety of kitchens all cooked to your tastes. Drinks on top were pricey so choose wisely. There were only a couple of points which were a slight let down - in the bathroom the plugs etc were rubber or plastic rather than chrome which looked a bit out of place alongside the wood and marble. Also the public toilets on the ground floor were clean but very dated and looked more like toilets in a community hall rather than a 5* hotel. Other than that, we loved it.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2012

Stayed at the Langham a week ago, when we arrived at the hotel early in the morning at 8 am with the expectation of only being able to drop off our luggage and having the need to return later in the day to check in to an available room. To our surprise our room was ready and available for us which made for a great start to our trip to Auckland.
We experienced upon arrival until our departure, exceptionally friendly, helpful and courteous staff. In my opinion the staff and service are more important than the aesthetics of a hotel and this experience made my stay a very pleasant and memorable one.
The room and all parts of the hotel were spotless clean, I didn’t think my room was very luxurious in comparison to other 5 star hotels I have been to around the world, but the cleanliness was all that mattered to me so I was happy. The beds were comfortable, the bathroom was practical, and the mirror had a section that did not fog up which was quite convenient.
The food at the hotel is sensational, so fresh and flavoursome; we enjoyed eating from two of the restaurants as well as in room dining.
The pool, spa and sauna were a treat; it was nice to unwind after a long day out and about.
There is a free shuttle service that takes you to and from the hotel into a central drop off point in the city. This was handy if you couldn’t be bothered walking or getting a taxi.
The staff kindly and simply organised a shuttle bus from the hotel to take us to the airport which was at a fraction of the cost of going with a taxi.
The professionalism of the staff, the impeccable service, and the immaculate hotel made it a special stay at the Langham!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2012

Third stay at the Langham in Auckland, and as always it has lived up to it's rating and expectations. It's a little removed from the CBD, but there is a free shuttle that takes you right downtown, and it's a nice walk if it's a nice day.

Restaurants are great (especially Barolo) and staff friendly, efficient and courteous.

Would recommend to business travellers and people just wanting a luxurious get away.

Think luxury.

Alexandra
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2012

Our second stay here and was just as good as the first time. Beds are so comfy with a topper pad made of goose down, didn't want to get out of bed.

Room Tip: I am sure all rooms are the same..
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2012

We only managed to stay in The Langham for 1 night only, booked under Booking.com with very great savings (compared to the published room rate) . However, we had great experience with their hospitality from the bell boy to the front desk staff. Spacious room, super clean with comfy bed n pillow..great location in the heart of Auckland CBD.

• Stayed May 2012
Waimea, Hawaii
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2012

My stay was for only one night before flying out of Auckland airport, but the comfortable and all-accommodating service of the Langham's staff was extremely impressive, as was the breakfast buffet included with my room charge.

As an example of service, just before check-out and my flight, I went downstairs to grab a quick meal, at which time I remembered it was Mother's Day weekend, subsequently the popular Langham restaurant was packed with families. When I mentioned to the staff that I had only a short amount of time before I had to leave for my international flight, they rushed an order through the kitchen for me -- without my so much as asking. Really great.

Being a rare genuine celiac, I very much appreciated the all gluten free items on the breakfast buffet... never have I seen a gluten free station before at a breakfast bar. Awesome.

The gym was nicely outfitted (including kettlebells, which I missed from home and hadn't seen for weeks on my trip), which is an important hotel feature for many of us on the go for long stretches of time. My hotel room would not be described as lavish, but was very comfortable.

My only disappointment was that I could not have stayed longer to enjoy the service and facilities. Thanks again, I'll be back.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple