So having had a very nice and much improved experience here with our last stay (see my older reviews for the Langham) we booked ourselves in for the Chuan Journey experience: Suite, Executive Club access, 1.5hr treatments at the Chuan Spa, 1pm checkout and breakfast for two.
One word: Mindblowing!
The Serenity suite was truly exquisite! Soak tub with infinity edge, a shower with more jet/head/temperature options than anything I've ever seen (even in a spa), fluffiest bath robes, scrumptious toiletaries and bath salts and that was just the bathroom...
The lighting options were brilliant and made waking up or lighting different areas without disturbing your partner and the decor was incredibly tasteful without feeling over the top.
Bed was fantastic; comfortable without being too soft.
We chose to take breakfast in the 'Eight' restaurant vs the Executive club, simply for the choices offered downstairs. Wait staff were plentiful, attentive and seated us quickly and fresh coffee and tea was quickly on our table. 'Eight' has a rediculous amount of options and is always a treat for us. Even if you're not staying at this hotel, I recommend coming here for breakfast next time you want to spoil yourself in Auckland!
Chuan Spa? There's a reason it wins awards. I've had treatments here before but they really excelled this time and I left the spa after our 1.5hr massages feeling like I was floating on air.
We didn't utilise the Club room as much as we might if our suite was on the same floor as it but the ice creams were great and the staff during the evening canapes/cocktails were great. Only comment on this would be that it'd be nice to have soft drink or juice options during the day, rather than just tea/coffee.
Concierge was quick to respond to our request for bags and also enquiring whether we needed assistance with transport or a taxi for our departure.
Minor hiccup on checkout, with the staff not recognising the Spa charges as being part of the package but this was quickly attended to and a refund issued by the original staff member and with the front desk manager coming over to offer an additional apology,
It kind of summed up both our most recent stays at the Langham; the rooms are great, the bars & restaurants superb, the Chuan Spa mindblowing but its all brought together by brilliant staff who don't hesitate to go the extra step so that even if there is an issue, its so quickly fixed and an apology profusely offered that you barely notice.
We are already planning our next trip back!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Designed for guests who value heartfelt service and engaging experiences, Cordis Auckland is located in a lively uptown area, within walking distance of the city’s museum, galleries and shops. The 411 modern rooms and suites are meticulously tailored to your way of life. Thoughtful extras and stylish interiors reveal a genuine attention to detail, with the latest in connectivity including complimentary high-speed Internet (15MBps) and a free-to-use smartphone in every room with a built-in city guide. The contemporary Eight restaurant and sophisticated Lobby Lounge offer stylish places to dine and socialise, while peaceful Chuan Spa and a heated roof-top pool create the perfect urban retreat for guests to relax and unwind. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Agoda, Travelocity, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Cordis, Auckland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Langham Auckland Hotel Auckland Central
- Langham Hotel Auckland
- The Langham Hotel Auckland
- Cordis, Auckland New Zealand