Before the CCTV video camera became the default mechanism of assuring personal protectiveness, there was the home burglar alarm. Its job is to reassure the inhabitants within that, as the night gets darker and more foreboding, those within can sleep on unmolested by an unwanted intruder. Going back even further, the job of community protector fell to the Town-Crier. His job was again to reassure people that, as the hours of night ticked by- “All was well!”
A lot can change in a hotel in 12 months!
New management, new employees and worst of all, some bright spark pipes up with, “new ideas” on doing things. Usually, these “new ideas” have the effect of spoiling what you had originally enjoyed about the experience in the first place. I am happy to report that in the last 12 months, there have been no “new ideas” at the Langham- resulting in a wonderful experience just how you remembered the last one was and the reason why you returned in the first place.
My wife and I returned to the Langham over the Christmas/ New Year period. Again we had a club room on the 10th floor. As I said in my last review of the hotel - if you are going to stay here, treat yourself to a club room and enjoy the facilities it offers!
It is a bastion of claim and relaxation, staffed by a group of men and women who are among some of the most hospitable, obliging and friendly hospitality professionals we have ever met. Nothing is ever a problem.
They are backed up by a housekeeping staff who keep the rooms immaculate. In fact you get a real co-dependent, “family feel” about the entire hotel, each department working together to deliver you a hotel experience par excellence.
So after a day in Auckland shopping and a wine or two in the club room in the evening. As you relax in your very comfortable bed on the 10th floor, if you happen to hear a bell striking the hour outside your window, and a faint voice in the distance. Don’t be alarmed, it’s just the Auckland Town-Crier reassuring you that: “All’s Well” with your choice of hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our 5-star luxury Auckland hotel in Auckland's CBD offers: 409 rooms and suites* Dining at Eight restaurant and Palm Court* 24hr business centre* Free Wifi* Spacious meeting & banqueting facilities* Central CBD location* Luxury sedans available for airport transfers & sightseeing* Complimentary inner city shuttle service to waterfront* 24hr room service* Chuan Spa luxury Day Spa* 24hr fitness centre* Heated outdoor pool plus sauna and Jacuzzi* Walking to distance to Auckland city attractions including museum, art gallery, shops and restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Langham, Auckland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Langham Auckland Hotel Auckland Central
- Langham Hotel Auckland
- The Langham Hotel Auckland
- The Langham, Auckland New Zealand