Rydges Auckland
Grand Millennium Auckland(Auckland Central)(Great Value!)
$111
$96
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
SKYCITY Grand Hotel(Auckland Central)
$156
Hilton Auckland(Auckland Central)
$242
$210
$198
$184
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Cordis, Auckland by Langham Hospitality Group(Auckland Central)(Great Value!)
$114
$102
  • Restaurant
Scenic Hotel Auckland(Auckland Central)(Great Value!)
$102
Hotel DeBrett(Auckland Central)
$216
$189
  • Breakfast included
CityLife Auckland(Auckland Central)(Great Value!)
$177
$130
  • Pool
Crowne Plaza Auckland(Auckland Central)(Great Value!)
$114
CrownePlaza.com
  • Room Service
2,387 results
All reviewssky towergreat locationchocolate fountainvalet parkingqueen streetnew zealandfree wifibuffet breakfastcentral locationharbour bridgenice roomhotel restaurantmini barinner citycomfortable staylate checkcomfy bed
Reviewed April 7, 2013

We began our holiday in new zealand here.What better place!Our room was spacious,clean and comfortable.The quality and choice of food at breakfast was superb! as it was also in the evening.The staff were friendly and efficient.The hotels location was ideal for exploring Aukland on foot.We had a fabulous stay.Thank you.

1  Thank denoYork
Rydges_Auckland, General Manager at Rydges Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Hiya,
Thanks so much for such a wonderful review! We are quite proud of what we have to offer here at Rydges Auckland and I am so pleased that you loved it too.
We loved being part of the beginning of your New Zealand holiday and I hope the rest of your trip was just wonderful as well.
Would be awesome to catch up again the next time you are in Auckland for another Fantastic stay!
Best regards,

Reviewed April 7, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for the second time on my return to New Zealand on my honeymoon. The staff had upgraded our room, even though we'd made the choice of a free breakfast rather than an upgrade for staying 3 nights, and there were welcome packs in the fridge. The staff have been lovely and helpful both of the times I stayed here. I know the upgrade will have been due to the honeymoon and not something that will happen to everyone but i think it shows that they bothered to look at our booking details and made the effort to make our stay there more special.
The location of the hotel is great, right next to the sky tower and a 5-10 minute walk from the main streets.
The breakfast buffet is nice but we wouldn't have paid for it as in most hotels it can be a little overpriced for the amount you can eat. But as an extra as part of the booking it was lovely to start the day with a proper meal.
I agree with other reviewers that the beds are really comfy too!
If i return to Auckland I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

1  Thank MrsBaum

Congratulations on your recent wedding! It was a great pleasure having you both here again for your honeymoon and I am so pleased we were able to make it that extra bit special for you with a room upgrade.
Yes the Rydges Dream beds are super comfy and we do get rave reviews about them all the time – well worth a visit here just for those!
I hope the rest of your honeymoon was just fabulous and totally romantic and I look forward to your next stay with us (wedding anniversary maybe?)
WIth warmest regards,

Reviewed April 6, 2013

Staff we amazing. On check-in we were advised there would be a power outage during the evening due to maintenance. As I use a machine to sleep this was a concern to me and so the staff followed up with their engineering, then arranged to move me to a room in the newer extension where they organised continuous power throughout the night. They then offered to check-in on me should the power drop out. Staff went way beyond normal expectations to ensure I was safe and comfortable. On another occasion we needed to carry out on-line confirmation of our flights so staff allowed us to use the front desk computer and then printed the boarding passes out for us. All done with a smile, care and no fuss. The bar staff were friendly and were flexible with the happy hour time as we were a few minutes early. The restaurant staff were equally friendly, attentive and efficient. When asking if we could leave our luggage somewhere on check-out as we had a late flight the concierge, without prompting, took our bags to the hire car and would not allow us to help. This is the best Rydges hotel we have ever stayed in and equal to the staff standards of 6 star hotels.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevator noise
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Rydges_Auckland, General Manager at Rydges Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2013

Hi there,
Thank you so much for your review on Rydges Auckland, and what a lovely and fantastic review it is. The staff here at the hotel are truly marvellous and genuinely love to come to work and serve their guests as best as they possibly can – I’m so pleased that you found this too!
It is unfortunate that during your stay we needed to carry out a mandatory electrical check which involved the power being disconnected momentarily during the night. While we take every course necessary so as not to disturb our guests (making it during the night) I can appreciate that this may still hinder some of our guests. But considering the circumstances I am so pleased we were able to find you an alternative room and accommodate you comfortably for the night.
I will most definitely pass on your extremely kind words to all the staff and we very much look forward to welcoming you back to Rydges Auckland very soon.
Kindest regards,

Reviewed April 5, 2013

We stayed here,with our friends for three nights at the beginning of our tour of New Zealand. What a lovely introduction to the country. After a good sleep on a comfortable bed following a late arrival, we opened the curtains to see someone zip wiring down the side of the Sky Tower!!We were within walking distance of the harbour with all its activities and did go up the tower for the wonderful view, but not to zip wire.
Our three night deal included breakfast, which was excellent with plenty of choice. After saying it was going to be the trip of a lifetime, we think we might come back and would definitely stay at the Rydges again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Hi there,
Thank you so much for your review on Rydges Auckland, I am so pleased you had such a wonderful stay with us on your trip of a life time tour of New Zealand. I really hope the rest of your trip was just as exciting and truly was an awesome life experience for you.
I really do hope you decide to come back for another visit, there is always more to see and do and we would so love so be part of your journey again.
With warmest regards,

Reviewed April 3, 2013

Stayed in the Auckland Rydges after Wellington and have to say the rooms were of much better quality, get the impression the harbour view rooms recently refrrbished. Location spot on both close to the city centre and harbour. The staff as with Wellington could not be faulted if you are looking to stop in Auckland would recommenend Rydges

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Rydges_Auckland, General Manager at Rydges Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

HI there,
Thank you so much for your review on Rydges Auckland, we love hearing from our guests and I am so pleased you loved your stay with us! The staff here at the hotel really do pride themselves on their level of service and attention to detail so I will absolutely pass onto them your wonderful comments.
Thank you for recommending us to your friends and I hope we can welcome you back to Rydges Auckland very soon.
Warm regards,