Rydges Auckland
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
CityLife Auckland(Auckland Central)
$200
$122
Hotels.com
  • Pool
SKYCITY Grand Hotel(Auckland Central)
$155
$148
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Crowne Plaza Auckland(Auckland Central)
$139
CrownePlaza.com
  • Room Service
$249
$230
  • Restaurant
Grand Millennium Auckland(Auckland Central)
$129
  • Restaurant
Scenic Hotel Auckland(Auckland Central)(Great Value!)
$132
$98
Agoda.com
Hilton Auckland(Auckland Central)
$237
$216
  • Restaurant
Waldorf Stadium Apartments Hotel(Auckland Central)(Great Value!)
$123
Orbitz.com
$146
$122
2,378 results
All reviewssky towergreat locationchocolate fountainvalet parkingqueen streetnew zealandfree wifibuffet breakfastcentral locationharbour bridgenice roomhotel restaurantmini barinner citycomfortable staylate checkcomfy bed
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Arrived in Auckland after completing a 12 night cruise. The staff we really helpful but as the hotel seems to be really popular they did not have a room for us until 1400. No worries walk down the hill to the ferry terminal and grab a ferry to Devonport.Checked into the hotel at around 1700. The room was large and comfortable and spotlessly clean. Quick shower and back to the harbour front for dinner. Yes great location and worked well for us.

Room Tip: High floor so you can look out over the city and get your bearings.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Rydges_Auckland, General Manager at Rydges Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2013

Hi there,
Thank you so much for your review on Rydges Auckland; I hope you had a wonderful 12 night cruise, it's always great to get away and do new things. I am pleased you found your room comfortable and spotlessly clean and you were easily able to find a great place for dinner a quick walk away from the hotel.
I look forward to welcoming you back very soon.
Warm regards,

Reviewed January 31, 2013

Very convenient city centre hotel in easy reach of the waterside, main car hire companies, shopping and attractions such as SkyTower. Decent harbour view from 8th floor room, comfortable bed and nice bathroom. Wash basin very slow to drain, and TV reception variable. Excellent breakfast, and decent for evening meal.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo

Hello,
Thank you so much for your review on Rydges Auckland, the hotel is situated in a great location for everything you would want to see and do in the city and with wonderful views and very comfortable beds it makes for a fantastic place to stay. I am so pleased you enjoyed your meals in our STK Restaurant, the food and atmosphere is wonderful and something we are very proud of.
I hope we can welcome you back to Rydges Auckland very soon.
Best regards,

Reviewed January 31, 2013

Good city location for shops, harbour & Sky Tower. Room was on the small side but of a high standard with a lovely wet room shower. Helpful friendly staff throughout and a very welcome happy hour in the bar.

• Stayed: January 2013

Hi there,
Thank you so much for your review on Rydges Auckland, I am pleased you found your room to be of a high standard and the staff to be very friendly and helpful. I hope you had a great time in the city and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.
Kind regards,

Reviewed January 30, 2013

The Rydges Hotel in Auckland is perfect. Very central (right under Sky Tower) Staff members were lovely and very helpful. We were only travelling from Hamilton for a concert so didn't have too many questions.
The view from our room was a concrete wall and we were 6 floors up. Out of the other window you could see the harbour brige through a gap in the surrounding buildings. I suggest you ask for a room higher up to avoid looking at a wall.
Other than that, our stay was great! Rooms were very clean and the pillows were amazing!!!
Location was great for where we wanted to be but a bit dodgy walking around at night but i guess you get that in every place.
Very modern on the inside, not so much the outside.
Would stay again. :)

Room Tip: Choose a room higher than 6-8 floors to get a view.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Rydges_Auckland, General Manager at Rydges Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2013

Hi there,
Thank you so much for your review on Rydges Auckland, I am so pleased you found the hotel perfect for your night out in Auckland, I hope the concert was fantastic for you and worth the trip up from Hamilton.
The pillows and beds really are great, I am pleased you thought so too.
Looking forward to welcoming you back very soon.
Best wishes,

Reviewed January 29, 2013

I stopped in Rydges on my final night in New Zealand, and have no complaints. Not sure of the price we paid, as the missus paid this one and got a special on Wotif.

We self parked in the Sky City car park which was not even a 2 minute walk from Rydges. An endorsed ticket from reception gives you 24 hours parking for $22.

The room itself, room 316, was large and comfortable, clean and well appointed. The bed was extremely comfortable. The only real downside was that it overlooked the residential apartments across the road, but I guess that's what curtains are for.

We particularly enjoyed the large walk in shower, with both a hand held shower head, and a ceiling mounted soaker head. Lovely.

As usual, internet access was pay as you go! A big bone of contention with me as it should be free these days, or a lot cheaper than offered.

All in all, I enjoyed my stay at Rydges and would stay again.

Room Tip: Try and get a room looking onto Federal St, rather than one of the side streets.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Hello,
Thank you so much for your review on Rydges Auckland, I hope you had a wonderful time while visiting New Zealand, there certainly is a lot to fit in for such a small country so I hope you were able to see and do as much as possible.  I am so pleased you found the bed to be extremely comfortable, we get so many great comments about our beds as they are fantastic so I am glad you thought so too.
I hope you will be back to visit us very soon.
Best regards,