This is not the first time I have checked in as a Priority Club member and not offered the member’s privileges.
Although there were 4 counters, only 1 person was ever at the desk.
Disappointed that the concierge and check-in staff did not know about the local parking situation. Only offered the next door car park which cost $20 per exit. When asked about the street parking and how the times worked, not one of them could explain it. In the end I asked a local person.
Also noted that when another guest asked for a Japanese restaurant nearby, they were directed to try Queen St whereas there 3 within 2-3 mins walk, one just around the corner.
Was not offered the internet. Later I checked for wifi and the Indian gentleman at the check-in said I could get free wifi in my room. It could have been offered earlier.
Was not offered the free welcome drink. Later was told to go to the bar to claim it. At the bar, the staff wasn’t sure about it and had to check with someone else.
Was unpacking when 2 housekeeping staff knocked and unlocked the door before I could open it. It would have been embarrassing if I were not dressed properly.
Found a packet of ham in the mini bar dated 26 Oct, 3 weeks ago.
Wondered why they bothered with complimentary drinks & nuts only for selected guests in the room. If it is complimentary, offer it to all guests or bring it up for your selected guests. People with limited English skills may mistake it as free. And also it was in very small print.
Having said my peace, the room itself was very comfortable with very comfy beds and a nice flat tv screen. Enjoyed the milo and a decent carton of milk. Good selection of teas & coffees. The teas & coffees were not replenished after Day 1. Had a very nice hot deep bath and fluffy towels.
Location is excellent, right next to Sky City. Lots of cafes and restaurants within 10 min walk in any direction. Lots of food choices. Close to Queen St and can walk to Quay St within 10 mins.
If you did not choose the breakfast option, there are heaps of places very close by. There were 2 places opened 24 hrs about a min walk. One is called Denny's and the other was Espresso or something similar. Don't think they were fine dining, but good if you have a early or red-eye flight and wanted something simple.
I am pleased that I got a room with views of Sky City tower was which was part of my original request which I booked through Priority Club.
By the second day, my requests were attended to. So I had gotten over my first day blues.
For the price (10% discount for Priority Club members) and location, it is hard to beat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Accommodation and Breakfast packages available; Long stay Accommodation prices available; Modern furnishings and fittings; Complimentary Newspapers;100% Non smoking; For genuine caring hospitality and service please contact Rydges Auckland. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Rydges Auckland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rydges Auckland Hotel Auckland Central
- Rydges Hotel Auckland
- Auckland Rydges Hotel
- Rydges Auckland New Zealand