“Great location”
Review of Rydges Auckland

Rydges Auckland
Ranked #12 of 66 Hotels in Auckland Central
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed long weekend for concert and hanging out in Auckland. This hotel is located in great location, easy walks around downtown. Staff great and courteous. You can't do wrong here.You can self park next door in the garage or they will valet park for you, but best deal is self park.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Rydges_Auckland, General Manager at Rydges Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2012

Hi there,

Thank you so much for your review on Rydges Auckland, I hope you had a great long weekend in town to see your concert, the location of the hotel is great for all sorts of shows and concerts so I am pleased you found this too.
I hope we can welcome you back to Rydges Auckland the next time a great concert is in town.
Best regards,

Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

We came up to see some shows and found rydges to be very central to all venues the civic, vector arena and the aotea centre are all within good walking distance, your close to sky city casino and all the shops and restaurants of downtown. The beds are comfortable. Breakfast was ok but over priced for the quality. There is a parking building right next door where you pay $22 for the night or should I say each time you take your car out of the building just remember to get a exit card from hotel reception for this price otherwise you will pay $40 a night they did have valet parking for $30 but they had run out of places by the time we arrived ( lunch time) I really would have thought for the price you pay to stay at hotels these days that parking would be included

• Stayed: September 2012

Hi there,

Thank you so much for your review on Rydges Auckland, I am so pleased you found the location of the hotel great for your needs, we really are just walking distance to so many great attractions in the city and I am glad it was so close to the Civic and Vector Arena for you to see your shows.
I do hope you had a great time in town and we hope to welcome you back the next time there are great shows on in town.
With warms regards,

Reviewed November 2, 2012

Booked a family group of 8 into the Hotel on wotif. clearly allocated rooms between a combination of doubles and twins to suit out group. Got all doubles which was not appropriate, they took for ever to reallocate the rooms, got horribly confused and think we ended up with 6 rooms instead of 4 booked. But didn't charge us any more, Tried to charge us twice for parking. Breakfast was really good tho. Rooms were adequate but not fantastic.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Rydges_Auckland, General Manager at Rydges Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2012

Hello,

Thank you so much for your review on Rydges Auckland, firstly I would like to apologise for the mix up in your room bookings, I realise this can be very frustrating and time consuming but I am pleased it was sorted for your group and you all enjoyed breakfast in the morning.
I do hope we can welcome you all back to the hotel again very soon.
With best regards,

Reviewed October 29, 2012

Enjoyed our stay at Rydges Auckland this past weekend. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Our room on the 8th floor had a nice view and was very pleasant. Extremely comfortable bed. Buffet breakfast at STK was good as was their selection of desserts which we enjoyed the end of an evening out. Great central location. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ashlyn2

Hello,

Thank you so much for your review on Rydges Auckland. I am so pleased to read your enjoyed your weekend with us while visiting the city and found the location very central for your needs in town.
Our STK Restaurant really is fantastic so am I glad you loved the selection of wonderful desserts to enjoy at the end of your evenings.
I look forward to welcoming you back to Rydges Auckland for another deserved weekend away very soon.
Warm regards,

Reviewed October 28, 2012

Stayed for the night to see the Mary Poppins show. Hotel nice and clean we were on the 9th floor with a view overlooking the harbour bridge. Very quiet. The morning paper on the sunday morning was not expected but apprecieated as were the chocolates on the bed. Will stay again.

Room Tip: If possible I would get a room higher up overlooking the harbour side was very quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

Hi there,

Thank you so much for your review on Rydges Auckland. I heard many great reviews on the Mary Poppins show so I hope you enjoyed your night out in town too.
I hope we can welcome you back to Rydges Auckland for another night away very soon.
With kindest regards,

Reviewed October 27, 2012

Recently stayed for one night on a work trip from Sydney.
Arrived abit before the standard 2pm checkin and was told room wasn't ready (full the night before) and was told it would be 20-30 minutes. Sure enough it was ready 20 minutes later.
While the room was small (and you need to remember that a king-size bed in Australia is bigger than it's NZ counterpart) it was clean and functional.
However it was the room service that was absolutely superb. While garlic bread wasn't on the menu it was no problem to order it. The hotel-standard beef burger was the best I have had compared to anywhere else. The presentation was also superb - something that Australian hotels can/should aspire to. Real salt and pepper shakers plus other condiments were greatly appreciated.
The staff were very helpful even before I arrived (suggesting airport shuttle service) was of a high standard.
I can't recommend the Rydges Auckland highly enough for either a business or holiday stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Hi there,

Thank you so much for your review on Rydges Auckland, it certainly sounds like you had a great stay with us and I am so pleased you found your room service to be absolutely superb – the staff here really are fantastic and love what they do and this shows in their great service.
I do hope you will be back to stay with us again very soon.
With best wishes,

Reviewed October 24, 2012

Stayed there for 3 nights on the second floor on the left hand side of the building. Was woken between 4 and 5 every morning by a noisy rubbish truck emptying bins. The hotel itself was great. Good size rooms. The shower drainage was not good as the water seemed to run out of the shower into the toilet area and the shower mat couldn't cope with it all. The chocolates were a lovely touch the week I stayed as were the M2 magazines. The only thing I objected to were the bottles of water beside the bed. I thought they were free as opened one, only to find on the back of it a slip that said that it cost $5. I think all drinks that need to be paid for should be kept in the minibar fridge/ area. I wasn't charged but did complain when checking out and the lady said that they had discussed it with the manager but nothing had happened. I left my luggage with the desk staff. Had no problems. Very convenient to town and the Sky Tower convention Centre.

Room Tip: Choose a room high up and not on the left hand side (west) of the building.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Hello,

Thank you so much for your review on Rydges Auckland, I am so pleased you thought the chocolates and magazines were a lovely touch and found the hotel to be in a convenient location for your needs in town. Please be assured that all reviews and comments are taken very seriously and regularly reviewed and discussed within the hotel.
I do hope you had a great 3 nights in Auckland and I hope we can welcome you back to Rydges Auckland very soon.
With best wishes,