“Reasonable place but noisy location”

Quest Auckland Serviced Apartments
Ranked #20 of 114 Specialty Lodging in Auckland
“Reasonable place but noisy location”
Reviewed February 11, 2011

A reasonable apartment hotel as far as price goes, but the location is noisy. You get the noise from the street and the noise from cooling towers in nearby buildings. The value for money was a four because we managed to get a breakfast included deal. Staff were very friendly.

• Stayed February 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Dunedin, New Zealand
Reviewed February 10, 2011

My nightdress was lost while housekeeping staff changed the sheets. Lack of communication between the receptionists and the manager resulted in me explaining this issue four times over 3 days, and nobody bothered to inform me about the current status. For two days I was told the laundry company did not return their phone call, and as I got slightly angry about their lack of action on the day I checked out, the manager promised highly sarcastic to solve this issue "one way or the other", however nothing has been heard since. It has been a week now and I still haven't got my property back, or was I offered any form of compensation, not for my lost property nor for all the hassle.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
QuestAuckland, Owner at Quest Auckland Serviced Apartments, responded to this review, February 17, 2011
Thank you for your feedback and I am disappointed with our selves that we did not meet your expectations in a timely manner and can see how we added to your frustrations..

I would like to take this opportunity to express my concerns so other readers are not mis-informed about our property.

What the review does not clarify is that this situation was settled by both parties in agreement, the same day feedback was posted being and within 24 hours of departure from the property.

I agree the Manager should have responded or communicated more frequently with the customer as we were working thru our processes and with our suppliers

We hope we now have the opportunity to welcome you back when next in Auckland

I understand this website is designed to post feedback about your stay to help others to make a decision. I hope my response to your feedback will help others to make 'the right decision'
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed February 7, 2011

Not a bad city hotel with about a 20 min walk to the harbour. Room was clean however, there were stains on the bed spread!! The Tim Tam biscuits in the kitchenette were very welcome and the balcony had a nice city view. Pretty good overall.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
Taupo, New Zealand
Reviewed February 6, 2011

We stayed for a function we had to attend in Auckland and found Quest to be perfect for our needs. The room was big with a balcony, good sized tv and all the requirements. The rate was the cheapest we found in the Auckland CBD and included a car park which other hotels charged $20-$30 for. The car park was a bit tight though for an SUV. The location was very convenient and we will definitely stay again when we need to visit Auckland.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Stafford, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 13, 2011

Rooms were a bit grubby and the kitchen area was missing some basic utensils. Whole block is in need of a refurbishment. Adequate for a brief city centre visit, but wouldn't recommend it for a longer stay.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
Mount Maunganui, New Zealand
Reviewed October 13, 2010

The Quest is a great spot to explore downtown Auckland from, with Queen Street right at your doorstep. One of the best features for the location is the free parking - even if some of the parking spaces are fairly tight. The rooms are spacious and clean, and the staff were friendly and helpful. The breakfast service was fairly basic but sufficient.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed May 12, 2010

I stayed here as one of the organisers of an international group and the staff were just amazing. They photocopied, printed, gave directions and helped out in every way they could which made things a lot less stressful for us organisers. The room was a little tired and the area outside my room smelt of smoke, but it was great to have kitchen and laundry facilities and plenty of room to spread out. I really only have two criticisms - I couldn't drink the coffee in the restaurant (but you can get excellent coffee at the little caravan over the road) and the internet was too slow and unreliable when we all got on in the evening to catch up with our work. However for location and especially the staff, a big thumbs up from me!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business