“Auckland zoo”

Auckland Hop-on Hop-off Tour
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Auckland Zoo is home to the largest collection of native and exotic animals in New Zealand, set in 17 hectares of lush parkland and just minutes from central Auckland. Auckland Zoo is open every day (except Christmas Day) from 9.30am.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Lockers / storage, Stroller parking
Reviewed January 5, 2014

My partner and I visited Auckland Zoo. We hadn't been in ten years and didn't know what to expect after so long. We spent three wonderful hours there. Plenty of shade, great pathways, easy for any type of fitness level. Many cafes and lots of drinking fountains. Fun day for all ages and good value for money.

1  Thank jo l

Reviewed January 5, 2014

All around a good day. My only feedback was there are some small inclines -my dad has a dodgy knee, so he just took them slowly. Favorite part was the kea enclosure! Cheeky birds. Cafe is pretty standard.

Reviewed January 4, 2014

Well laid out and easy to navigate. Great to see a live kiwi in the zoo. Great touches not usually seen in a zoo.

Reviewed January 4, 2014

We have been to several zoos in Australia now and I was keen to see how Auckland Zoo compared after not having been there for many years. I have to say I was quite disappointed. The day was warm, but not hot, and we did have some rain in the afternoon, but a lot of the animals were hidden away, either in the enclosure under trees, or out the back. I thought it was all a bit scruffy looking and did not give you the opportunity to see the animals up close (unless you pay extra for the encounters). I was really looking forward to the trip and came away disappointed and not in a hurry to go back.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

A zoo in a country like New Zealand is difficult because there are no native land mammals. Only 2 species of bats and marine mammals. There are, however, lots of birds and we enjoyed seeing those that made themselves visible.