“Keeper for a Day made my day”
Review of Auckland Zoo

Ranked #11 of 271 things to do in Auckland
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Auckland Zoo is home to the largest collection of native and exotic animals in New Zealand, set in 17 hectares of lush parkland and just minutes from central Auckland. Auckland Zoo is open every day (except Christmas Day) from 9.30am.
Useful Information: Stroller parking, Activities for older children, Food available for purchase, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage, Wheelchair access
Hong Kong
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Keeper for a Day made my day”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

My girlfriend and I joined "Keeper for a day" on 29th August and it's definitely one of the best days in my life. I have always been an animal lover and it's really great to see that everyone at Auckland Zoo is treating the animals like they are their families. And by joining the Keeper for a day experience you get the chance to join the family too! The things that you do and places that you go are so exclusive! I won't say too much here for fear I should spoil your fun. Just have a go and you will understand why everyone is so excited and happy about it!!

• Arabic first
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 73 helpful votes
“Great zoo”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We planned to spend a few hours, but spent the entire day there. The displays, the layout, the information, the ecology emphasis, the gift shop, we liked it all. We were surprised at how many aviaries there were. We liked the kiwis and the displays with nocturnal animals. I would go frequently if I lived here.

Visited September 2013
Townsville, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“1 Day at the Zoo”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Started on the Auchland explorer, (we are travelers and have no transport) we started off at the Zoo as we had not been to one for years, this is not a disapointment.
Plan to spend the whole day there, and take lunch and a water bottle, sun screen and a hat. Had a great day out.

Brisbane, Australia
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Worth whil”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Taking three small children to the Zoo we found it easy to get around and all animals were in enclosures that weren't like cages.
We would recommend it to others

Visited September 2013
Hong Kong
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“At last a nice zoo”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

For once this zoo is not depressing. The settings are beautiful and animals in a nice shape. The variety is amazing. In fact it's so big that we did not see all of them.
Both the kids and ourselves loved the place. You can tell that people running this zoo truly care about animals and it's definitely not always the case. Well done Auckland Zoo!!