Stamford Plaza Auckland is very conveniently located in the CBD heart of Auckland, within minutes walk to nearby tourist spots eg. the Waterfront, Sky Tower or Auckland Town Hall. Auckland Domain is slightly further away but on a good cool day in winter, the walk is bearable. As such, for its prime location alone for visitors who have limited time in Auckland, I would highly recommend the hotel!
Hotel staff are mostly helpful and polite, especially the Concierge team, which really gives me a big help with early luggage storage since I was traveling to Rotorua before checking in to the hotel in Auckland! However, on the check out day, the queue is rather long at about 830AM and if there are more staff allocated, I'm sure the check out process will be much faster.
I had the breakfast included with the room package and the buffet breakfast is pretty good. Not as varied as other hotels I've stayed with around the world but the food served is fresh, well-prepared and delicious. There is even a fruit juicer and you can try your hands making your own fruit juice! Again, there are times that the restaurant is packed and there is a queue waiting to the table but all in all, the waiting time is acceptable.
My room is located in level 3, which is a little noisy since the noise from the ground and traffic could be vaguely heard. Furnishing in the room is a little dated but comparing my room to my colleague's, I can see that the hotel management is doing some upgrades with a new look to the hotel. With a fresh new look, I'm sure the hotel would attract more crowd. Security seems to be properly administered here since I need my key card to access the lift, then the level that I stay and finally my room.
Having said all, for its proximity to the Waterfront and the Sky Tower, the superb service skills from their staff, especially the Concierge, I would highly recommend the hotel to anyone coming to Auckland!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- World-class luxury in the heart of the city, just minutes away from the harbour and viaduct. Please note that construction on the city rail link project is underway on Albert St. Stamford Plaza Auckland remains accessible to vehicles and pedestrians, all day, every day. Albert St remains open in both directions throughout the CRL upgrade. However it is limited to one way in each direction. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Agoda so you can book your Stamford Plaza Auckland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stamford Plaza Auckland Hotel Auckland Central
- Stamford Plaza Hotel Auckland
- Auckland Stamford Plaza Hotel
- Stamford Plaza Auckland New Zealand