“Service say it all”

Stamford Plaza Auckland
Ranked #16 of 66 Hotels in Auckland Central
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed April 4, 2013

We stayed three night at the Stamford Plaza on a tour of New Zealand. I would rally like to commend the hotel staff for making the stay special. Everyone was friendly but the head? of the bell staff was special. One night we returned to the hotel just as a large tour was arriving. The line to the elevator was quite long so this man, without our asking or complaining, took us up in a service elevator. We also enjoyed the breakfast, best we had in our many stops in New Zealand.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank ca2jo2
John M, Public Relations Manager at Stamford Plaza Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2013

Dear ca2jo2

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent repeat stay with us here at the Stamford Plaza Auckland.

It is always great to read that we have ticked all the right boxes for our guests. Our unique central location and fantastic facilities are always appreciated. Its always great to hear when one of our staff has gone above and beyond guests expectations, thank you for letting me know about this.

Thank you again for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

PR & Marketing Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,275)

Reviewed April 2, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for work and found it to be pretty average for the high price tag (over $240). I had an average studio room which was nice but lacking in any personality e.g there was no artwork on the wall and it felt very unloved.

The bathroom was great though but this was the only part of the room I felt was 5 star.

The service was average. This room was supposed to be charged directly to the client (as per an email I had from their reservations team) but they couldn't find any details of this when I checked in. I spoke to the conceirge who said it was sorted but when I checked out the next morning, was told I had to pay. I can understand how these things happen but the person I was dealing with wasn't very interested in helping me sort this out.

I wouldn't stay here again if I was the one paying the bill.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Dear JessMarcus

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us here at the Stamford Plaza Auckland.

You will be happy to hear the we will be undergoing an extensive refurbishment of the hotel to upgrade a number of areas of our property including the guests rooms.
Your comments regarding the mix up with charge backs have been escalated to our head of operations to review our procedure to see where improvements can be made to ensure all our guests receive 5 star service.

I would warmly welcome you back to experience our new and improved property.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

We stayed at the Stamford Plaza , Auckland in Jan 2013 for three nights towards the end of our 50th Birthday trip of Sydney , a cruise round NZ and Bay of Islands visit.and Auckland stay.We had a fantastic stay! After a long drive we arrived and were warmly greeted by to very helpfull young men who took care of our cases and hire car ect.Our room was spacious , comfortable and extremely clean.The swimming pool and spa were great to relax and chill out after a days site seeingThe hotel location is perfect for exploring the beautifull city and Harbour side area of Auckland.The staff at this hotel were superb, they could not do enough for you , they even booked the local shuttle bus for our sad return to the airport. Yes we did not want to leave LOL.We hope to return soon and this would be our 1st choice of accomodation.Thanks Stamford Plaza for looking after us so well.
regards Andy & Kim Smith, Lincoln, Uk

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank kimandy_1962

Dear kimandy_1962

It is always great to read that we have ticked all the right boxes for our guests. Our unique central location and fantastic facilities are always appreciated and I am glad you appreciate these as well.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

My wife and I went there for a short Holiday. It was good size room, modern,neat Hotel. Indoor pool and spa were nice. Complimentary Wifi Internet was very steady all over the hotel. Staff were friendly and helpful.
For such a hotel, I expected better mattress, although it was new and good, but it wasnt pocket spring, so my wife and I disturbed ourselves by any movement.
The location was fantastic, near to everything.
I likes the idea of Go Green in the hotel, which was first time I saw.
The worst thing I can say, is that on weekend, although there are 3 restaurants in the hotel, grass Hopper doesnt work for lunch, Kabuki doesnt work for Sundays and also Sat lunch, and bothe Sat and Sun, it was a High Tea, which means we had to go out for lunch, and hardly you can see anywhere else, other than fast foods, to operate.
Overall, I liked it and I recommend it.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Saman_set

Dear

You will be happy to hear that we have reviewed the hours of operation of our four eateries, to ensure a great choice at all times.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

Concert overnight in Auckland saw me and significant other fly through for the night - booked a last minute deal and arrived and got upgraded to an apartment. Nice and clean - nice toiletries l'occitane - comfortable bed with great 10th floor views, I am just not sure what makes a 5 star hotel... maybe it is the fact that a room service club sandwich is $29?...

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Kym007intheBay

Dear Kym007intheBay

You will be happy to hear we have addressed the room service offerings for the future. we will be undergoing an extensive refurbishment this year so our 5 stars will be very clear for you on your next stay.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

All staff very helpful. Rooms lovely with great housekeeping services. Public areas lovely. This hotel is ideally situated just a short walk from the Sky Tower and more importantly the ferry services.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Zometa

Dear Zometa

Reviewed March 22, 2013

Had the "romance and seduction package" but actually went with a girlfriend for a girl's night out not with a lover and it was still fantastic. Canapes, savoury and sweet, in the room on arrival. Moet chilled on the ice, boxed bottle of wine to take home, candles all around room - reallky was lovely and we enjoyed it all even though we later hit the town for St Paddy's day :-). Breakfast was included in the package and you could have Room Service or have the buffet breakfast in the Albert Lounge. I prefer a la' carte breakie which they didn't have, however, you could order eggs any style, an omelette or eggs benedict directly with the chef so that worked for us fine. I would definitely go back because not only was the service and setting fabulous but the Stamford is so close to everything in the city. A quick walk to all the bars and restaurants at the Viaduct, close to the Casino, close to Britomart.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Sheryl W

Dear Sheryl W

Great to hear you enjoyed the Romance and seduction package, what a stroke of genius taking a friend and both getting pampered.