“A refreshing change!”

GreenLeadersGold level
London
“A refreshing change!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2014

Travelling a lot for work has meant that I have become rather picky and fussy about hotels however the room at The Grand was beautiful and fresh with stunning views. The staff should be very proud of their work as the room was immaculate and comfortable. Ammmaaaazing bed! The concierge were amazing at 11:30pm when I had to call because I couldn't find a light switch - I felt foolish but they very quickly put me at ease.
A very enjoyable stay....how do I go back to cattle class now??

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank ABelle82
ColetteLeonardAKL, Manager at SKYCITY Grand Hotel, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Dear ABelle82,

Thank you for your wonderful comments about your stay with us at SKYCITY Grand Hotel.

I was pleased to read you had an enjoyable stay, and I will definately pass your comments on to the team.

Thanks again, and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

colette.leonard@skycity.co.nz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (521)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2014

We stayed here for a night on the Baby Grand package. We were greeted by the doorman who was very funny and was a nice start to our whole experience. Room was lovely, comfy bed and awesome range of in house movies to watch. This hotel is just so handy for everything in the city. We just loved being able to go downstairs and have a great choice of restaurants at our disposal. Pool was wonderful and we had it all to ourselves. Breakfast had some different options which we thought was nice for a change. Only thing I could say is that only everyday tea and coffee were offered as part of the breakfast deal not herbal tea which I thought was a bit disappointing. But saying that we would definitely come back again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lllppppp
Dear lllppppp,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay with us at SKYCITY Grand Hotel.

I was pleased to read you had an enjoyable time whilst staying with us, and that you liked the Baby Grand Package - this is our most popular package.

Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you again soon, when you need another night away!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2014

Spent a night at the Grand whilst in Auckland for a special occasion. From the Valet Parking to check in, to breakfast the next morning we were never disappointed.

This is a true 5 Star Hotel and not compromised by it's central location or Casino affiliation. Staff were attentive and efficient, the decor was modern, spotlessly clean and comfortable. The room was exceptional and next morning what turned out to be an included gourmet breakfast in the Hotel cafe could not have been further from the boring buffet I was expecting.

I always fond it difficult to choose a new hotel online no mater where in the world I am so I find these reviews invaluable to avoid all to often disappointment. In my opinion this hotel will leave you with a smile on your face.

Room Tip: We were upgraded to a suite which was spacious and beautifully decorated. It also had a beautiful vi...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank MikeSkinner2014
Dear MikeSkinner2014 ,

I was pleased to read you had an enjoyable stay - I will be sure to pass your comments on to the team - they love receiving feedback such as yours.

Thank you again, and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Christchurch, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2014

I came to unwind and was treated wonderfully by the staff both of the Hotel and the adjoining Restaurants. The rooms were perfect, enormous beds, and very quiet. Staff were on hand at all times to fulfill any request and seemed genuinely happy to do so. It was a pleasure.

Room Tip: The beds were enormous! and I loved having a bath in the room to relax in at end of the day. Room w...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Heatheratpeace
ColetteLeonardAKL, Manager at SKYCITY Grand Hotel, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Dear Heatheratpeace,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at SKYCITY Grand Hotel.

Your feedback was a pleasure to read, and I will be sure to pass your comments on about our fantastic team, to them - they love receiving feedback such as yours.

Thank you again, and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2014

Couldn't have chosen a better spot to stay, in regards to location. Also happened to be one of the nicest rooms (chic, well-appointed) of our trip. Directly out our window was the sky tower, and we were five-minutes to the harbor. Arguably more business-like, we still found it a nice stay for our honeymoon. Note, this was MUCH better than their sister property, the Rendezvous.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Countess_Nomad
Dear Countess_Nomad,

I was pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us. One comment I would like to clarify, is that the Rendezvous is not a sister property of ours, and is not part of the same hotel group as us. SKYCITY Grand is part of the SKYCITY Entertainment Group - we have two hotels here in Auckland - SKYCITY Hotel and SKCYITY Grand Hotel - both located within the same complex.

Thank you again for your feedback, and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2014

Have stayed here a few times, usually on a 'book in advance' deal. Had the baby grand package twice, the first time amazing and great room on the 19th floor. The second on the 9th floor which was not such a good room and disappointing after my first experience so I wouldn't go for that package again. The breakfast has been changed to the gusto restaurant which is good but no where nearly as good as it was before.
I love the lap pool and this is one of the reasons I keep going back.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jeas47
ColetteLeonardAKL, Manager at SKYCITY Grand Hotel, responded to this review, May 4, 2014
Dear jeas47,

I was pleased to read that you stay with us often - thank you for choosing to come back to stay with us.

I was disappointed to read your comments about the package you stayed on, and I welcome you to contact me directly, so that I can look into this in more detail.

Narre Warren, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2014

We checked in for two nights in a large, clean and comfortable room. Check in was friendly and efficient, and the valet parking was trouble free. The range of restaurants was outstanding as was the service provided. Free fast wifi was also provided. The location is excellent in the heart of the city, with a variety of restaurants and shops within walking distance. Would recommend.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kevinmeryl
Dear kevinmeryl,

I was pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that you found our staff friendly and efficient.

Thank you again for your feedback, we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.