“Regular Stayer”

GreenLeadersGold level
Dunedin, New Zealand
“Regular Stayer”
Reviewed March 18, 2014

I travel to Auckland regularly and can thoroughly recommend a stay at the Sky City Grand Hotel, from checking in to checking out. Staff are polite and willing to offer assistance, room is clean and tidy. You are spoiled for food choices, breakfast and the Federal Delicatessen, the pastrami hash or Deport for their sensational bacon and egg roll. The Depot is also great for dinner, try and get a seat at the counter overlooking the kitchen. I have also dined and had drinks at The Grill, the food great, service and knowledge of staff great. I’ll be back to try the many other dining options.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
ColetteLeonardAKL, Manager at SKYCITY Grand Hotel, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Dear bobfourb,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your stay with us at SKYCITY Grand Hotel.

I was pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay, as well as that you got to try some of our amazing outlets - the food at both Depot and Federal Deli is outstanding!

Excellent customer service is of paramount importance to SKYCITY and I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback - it is always a pleausre to read comments such as yours about our team.

Thank you again for your feedback - we look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

colette.leonard@skycity.co.nz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (533)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Te Aroha, New Zealand
Reviewed March 18, 2014

We recently attended the Bruno Mars concert in Auckland and choose the Superstar Package at the SkyCity Grand Hotel. It was excellent and well worth the money. The day before we were to book in I received an email confirming our dinner reservation and a phone call from the hotel taxi to confirm a pick up time to take us to the show in their black Mercedes!. Sumit who checked us in shared the wonderful news we had been upgraded to a water view room and also shared a joke with us. I was impressed when it came time to check out he remembered us and our previous conversation and also gave me a ticket for the next door carpark so we were only charged the minimum of $20 for our stay. Pam who was our driver to the show was a delightful friendly woman who shared her knowledge of Auckland on our way to the stadium. Everyone we came in contact with knew what package we on and everything went extremely smoothly. Over all I would certainly take up the Superstar package again if attending a concert in Auckland. It made the whole event most enjoyable from start to finish.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank NanaTarn
Dear NanaTarn,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your experience with us at SKYCITY Grand Hotel. It was a pleasure to read your review.

Excellent customer service is of great importance to us, so I was delighted to read that we met and exceeded all expectations.

I have been sure to pass your feedback on to both Sumit and Pam - they were both really happy to receive your feedback!

Thank you again for your feedback - it is much appreciated. We do look forward to welcoming you back again soon - please do get in contact with me directly, so that I can organise your bookings for you.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed March 17, 2014 via mobile

In the heart of the city. Absolutely amazing experience. Great staff, great service, and just a really awesome hotel.

Only disappointment was that the $35 a night parking charge wasn't advertised much, nor advised to us upon check in. Valet staff are fantastic.

Lots of restaurants in the SkyCity precinct, and many more in town. Orbit 360 was amazing.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
ColetteLeonardAKL, Manager at SKYCITY Grand Hotel, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Dear Bailey N

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay with us at SKYCITY Grand Hotel.

I was pleased to read you had an enjoyable stay with us.

I was disappointed to read that you felt you were not informed about the valet parking charges, and I will be sure to check all websites, to make sure that the pricing is clear.

Thank you again for your feedback - we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Tokoroa
Reviewed March 17, 2014

We had two nights here while at a wedding in Auckland. The room was gorgeous and the views over the water, harbour bridge and sky city were fabulous. The restaurants on the street outside are fantastic! We ate at both Depot and Federal Delicatessen and both were superb. When I got home I realised I had left my hair straightners in the bathroom, I phoned and got through to housekeeping, they couriered them to me and I had them by the next morning! Valet parking and conceirage service was great too.

Room Tip: Ask for room with view of harbour bridge
1 Thank Sarah F
Dear Sarah F

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay with us.

I was delighted to read your lovely comments about your experience with us, and I will be sure to pass your comments on to our team.

Depot and Federal Deli are two favourites within the SKYCITY Complex - we have over 20 restaurants and bars here at SKYCITY, so our guests have a wide range of options to choose from.

Thank you again for taking the time to write about your stay - it is much appreciated. We do look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed March 17, 2014

The service at Skycity Grand Hotel was excellent. The staff were available at any time for anything we needed, everyone was very friendly and very courteous. The staff were able to sort out any problems we had very promptly and it did not seem like a hassle for them. When ordering any towels or extras it was brought to us within a few minutes fast service with a smile. The rooms are very clean and spacious the views are very nice as well. The location is close to everything and it is all within walking distance. I could not fault the service or the rooms. The buffet breakfast was delicious and fresh there was quite a variety of food to choose from, nice hot scrambled eggs to nice refreshing cereal and juice. The orbit restaurant is an awesome experience with the best views of Auckland and beautiful dishes definitely recommend going here at least once in your life time. Highly recommend the Grand Hotel if you want the best service, luxury rooms, delicious food, beautiful views and an amazing time !!!

1 Thank MastaRmB
Dear MastaRmB,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your experience with us at SKYCITY grand Hotel.

I was delighted to read your comments, in particular your comments about our team - we pride our selves on excellent customer service, and I am pleased to hear that we met and exceeded expectations.

We have wonderful restaurants and bars - over 20 of them across the SKYCITY Complex, and I was happy to read you enjoyed breakfast at our newest restaurant, Gusto at the Grand. Orbit is a great restaurant, with fantastic views of the city.

Thank you again for taking the time to write about your stay - we look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Denver
Reviewed March 15, 2014

We stayed at the Sky City Grand on our final night in New Zealand. We were staring at a red eye flight to San Francisco the next night, so needed a more plush, luxurious, and (most importantly) quiet experience so that we'd get our rest before our long journey home. This hotel delivered. The room was at the end of the hall away from elevators, as requested. And on a higher floor facing the quiet side of downtown. While we could see car traffic below, we heard nothing. The room wasn't huge, but the bed was plenty comfortable and clean. The wifi in the room was free, unlimited, and speedy. Also, the service here was friendly and helpful. The next day, my wife had an awful migraine headache as we checked out, and the staff got her a cold pack from security to soothe her pain. The attitude of those I dealt with at this hotel was excellent.

1 Thank RockiesExpert
Alison B, Manager at SKYCITY Grand Hotel, responded to this review, March 16, 2014
Dear RockiesExpert,

Thank you very much for taking the time to comment about your stay with us at SKYCITY Grand Hotel.

I was extremely pleased to read about your stay with us, and that you had an enjoyable time.

We pride oursevles on excellent customer service, and I proud that the team not only delivered, but exceeded expectations.

I trust your wife is feeling better now.

We do look forward to welcoming you both back again soon - please get in contact with me directly so that I can arrange your reservation for you.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 13, 2014

Could not fault the service or overall excellence of the SkyCity Grand Hotel. A true world class hotel experience. Excellent facilities and rooms, in room service meals were fantastic despite being close to 1 in the morning. Excellent atmosphere, located around a vast selection of fantastic eateries and bars.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Stapy
Dear Stapy,

Thank you for taking the time to comment about your stay with us at SKYCITY Grand Hotel.

We pride ourselves on excellent customer service, and I delighted to read that we were able to exceed your expectations, and that you had a "grand experience" whilst staying with us.

I have passed your comments on about service to the team - they love receiving feedback such as yours.

I have also sent your lovely comments to our Restaurant Manager at Gusto at the Grand - as his team runs the room service element for our hotel rooms.

We are spoilt for choice at SKYCITY, we have over 23 restaurants and bars within the complex to choose from.

Thank you again for your feedbac - we look forward to welcoming you back again soon!
Please get in touch with me directly so that I can arrange your reservation for you.