SKYCITY Grand Hotel
$136
$97
$94
  • Restaurant
Abaco On Jervois(Auckland Central)(Great Value!)
$98
$141
$135
  • Free Internet
Waldorf Stadium Apartments Hotel(Auckland Central)(Great Value!)
$154
$102
Agoda.com
  • Fitness center
  • Free Internet
VR Auckland City(Auckland Central)
$86
$72
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Kiwi International Hotel(Auckland Central)
$55
$53
$247
$228
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Stamford Plaza Auckland(Auckland Central)
$147
$138
2,694 results
All reviewssky towerpremium luxurybaby grand packagemacaroonsfederal streetharbour view roomnew zealandpillow menustar hotelvalet parkinglobby barthe heart of the citycentral locationrestaurants and barsbuffet breakfastlong flightqueen street
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 3, 2013

We live on Waiheke and wanted to stay in town as we were going to a concert. The location is perfect for the great restaurants in the area and the proximity to the Town Hall and Aotea Centre.
The new restaurant was being built so we couldn't eat there but love the Federal Street Deli and The Depot which are both next door to the hotel. The room was comfortable and had all the amenities required. The bed was very comfortable, quiet and there was free wifi.
We will very likely stay there again sometime.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Alison B, Guest Relations Manager at SKYCITY Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2013

Dear TeWhau

Thank you for your recent review of The Grand Hotel.

I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to passing on your feedback.

Our new lobby bar will be open before Christmas with our new Italian restaurant opening at the beginning of 2014.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Grand in the near future.

Reviewed November 29, 2013

We stayed at the Grand Hotel for an anniversary and found the service to be uniformly excellent, from the concierge staff to the day spa to the Grill wait staff. Great facilities and convenient location, would highly recommend for a special night out in the city

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Alison B, Guest Relations Manager at SKYCITY Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

Dear Joceyln_NZ

Thank you for reviewing The Grand Hotel.

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and I look forward to passing on your feedback to the teams, they love to hear that our guests enjoyed their stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Grand Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed November 28, 2013

After a disappointing trip in 2012 to the Grand Hotel, we contacted the appropriate dept. who handled our issues extremely well and extended the offer of a night at the Grand when we were next in Auckland. We used the offer to celebrate our wedding anniversary and flew up from Christchurch to see a show at The Vector Arena. We had a wonderful stay at the Grand Hotel. Staff were helpful and friendly, the room was immaculate and the view over the harbour was to die for. The hotel is central and located well for business and tourist activities. We had a wonderful stay.

Dear SallyBLord

Thank you for your review of The Grand Hotel.

I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we have “put things right” since your disappointment last year. It is from feedback we can improve and I am delighted we have done so.

I will be passing your feedback on to the team and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Grand Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed November 28, 2013

We recently celebrated my husband's 70th birthday with a party in the private room at The Grill. Since we didn't want to drive afterwards we checked in to the Sky City Grand Hotel. It made the whole evening a wonderful one. From the friendly greeting at the door where the doorman arranged for our car to be whisked away, to the friendly reception staff the whole experience was great. From our room on the 17th floor we had a whole new view of our home city. The staff at The Grill arranged with a staff member of the hotel to carry all the birthday presents up to our room after the party. The rooms are quiet and extremely comfortable. Altogether a wonderful experience.

Dear wjam

Thank you for reviewing The Grand Hotel following your recent stay with us - I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us on your special day.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future and again Happy Birthday from all the team.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

I travel to New Zealand frequently for business and I always stay at the Skycity Grand. I have tried lots of hotels in the CBD and can find none better that this one. The staff are always friendly and helpful and the Restaurants are second to none. The rooms are quiet and comfortable and always clean and well stocked. I recommend this hotel to all travellers both buisness and holiday.

Room Tip: Higher floors have the best views
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Alison B, Guest Relations Manager at SKYCITY Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

Dear Keith B

Thank you for your recent review of The Grand Hotel.

It is lovely to hear from one of our regular guests and I am so pleased that we are your hotel of choice when visiting Auckland

We are in the process of refurbishing our rooms with the first floor now complete -don’t hesitate to contact me prior to your next stay to see if we have any availability.

We look forward to your next visit to The Grand Hotel.