SKYCITY Grand Hotel
Grand Millennium Auckland(Auckland Central)
$134
SKYCITY Hotel(Auckland Central)
$153
$136
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Auckland(Auckland Central)
$139
CrownePlaza.com
  • Room Service
Heritage Auckland(Auckland Central)
$190
$121
$244
  • Restaurant
Waldorf Stadium Apartments Hotel(Auckland Central)(Great Value!)
$129
$102
Agoda.com
  • Fitness center
  • Free Internet
Kiwi International Hotel(Auckland Central)
$55
$53
  • Restaurant
Stamford Plaza Auckland(Auckland Central)
$188
$138
2,694 results
All reviewssky towerpremium luxurybaby grand packagemacaroonsfederal streetharbour view roomnew zealandpillow menustar hotelvalet parkinglobby barthe heart of the citycentral locationrestaurants and barsbuffet breakfastlong flightqueen street
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Not a bad hotel but nothing special. Certainly not up to the grade if this is meant to be one of the top hotels in the city. In a reasonible location for Auckland given everything is fairly close by. Staff were pleasent enough. Foyer much more impressive than the rooms which were really a bit soulness carbon copies of a Novotel.

They offered 30min of free wifi internet, which condiering the prices they charge is a bit offensive, if you wanted to keep on the internet you had to pay - I just find this unacceptable for a business hotel in 2013. Also the internet was not very fast and kept dropping out.

I dont really see any reason to have any loyalty to this place as it was just somewhere to stay, nothing special and will check out other options in Auckland the next time I am there.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Cfan41
Alison B, Guest Relations Manager at SKYCITY Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2013

Dear Cfan41

Thank you for your recent review on TripAdvisor.

Thank you for your feedback, we value our guests feedback and appreciate you have highlighted areas on which we could improve.

I am disappointed you experienced some problems with our internet service. Your comments have been received by our management team and will be reviewed to ensure we can improve the service we offer.

I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future and invite you to contact me directly prior to your next visit and I certain we will exceed your expectations.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

What a great place to stay! I was already impressed even before we arrived. I had been dealing via email with hotel staff (John Monks and Samith) regarding the room reservations, private car hires and restaurant reservations. They were so efficient in their responses that I felt very well taken care of.

I was further impressed on arrival. All of the staff, from the doorman, to the bellman, to the check in staff, were so friendly and made check in so efficient.

I loved our room. We had a harbor view that was a delight to wake up to. The room had plenty of space, was very efficiently laid out and had a very comfortable bed. I also appreciated the free coffee service in the room. Our rate included breakfast which I definitely recommend. Breakfast included an excellent variety of choices, plus you could also have chef prepare custom items.

The location of the Sky City Grand is perfect. It was very easy to get anywhere and is within walking distance of lots of restaurants and attractions.

We stayed for 3 nights and during out entire stay the service we received was amazing. Plus I really appreciated the advance dinner reservations in Orbits and Jade Dragon (separate reviews on these). Also a special thanks to the breakfast staff for being so helpful when I spilled my coffee all over our table.

If you plan to be in Auckland whether for 1 night or a more lengthy stay, I definitely recommend that you make the Sky City Grand your home away from home. It offers everything you could possible want and more.

Room Tip: We loved our Harbor View room
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kathleen R

Dear Kathleen R

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.

It was a pleasure to read your feedback and have passed your review onto all of the team at The Grand Hotel and SKYCITY and in particular to John and Samith. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We do hope you have the chance to stay with us again and hope you enjoyed your vacation.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

Loved the rooms with great amenities, friendly helpful staff, easy valet parking, breakfast at the restaurant was tasty. Would definitely recommend staying here. Facility is so close to the casino (but away from all the main casino foot traffic which is great) it is still central to downtown Auckland and Viaduct Harbour/Maritime Musem so overall the location is a bonus.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank kkbarclay

Dear kkbarclay

Thank you for your recent TripAdvisor review.

I was delighted to read your feedback and that you enjoyed your stay with us. The team take great pride in delivering a 5 star service and I look forward to sharing your review with them.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

In an unexpected last minute visit to Auckland, the only accommodation available for one night in Auckland was a harbour view room here for 650 NZ dollars for the night or a suite at 2,300 NZ dollars. I kid you not. Apparently a famous singer Neil Young was in town and everything was sold hence the hotel massively raising their prices of rooms left.

Rather than travel out of the city at 5pm looking for a room, my wife and I decided to treat ourselves to the harbour view room and looked forward to a 5 star experience.

In my opinion, our room was not of the quality to todays 5 star standard. The room was in need of refurbishment. Furniture was old, well used and tired. The clock/ipod connector was broken but still sat on the bed unit. Clouds of dust came from the sofa, to get the shower head directed to your body we needed to carefully wedge it in the holder. The gem of the room should have been the harbour view through the massive window. So why was the window filthy dirty. The fridge was turned down so we had no ice and so little point of a fridge. In the cupboard by the bed was an electrical box that emitted a loud buzzing all night that kept us awake. I did try to put extra pillows over the box secured with the ironing board but it made no difference.

On checkout, I raised these points with the duty manager and he gave us a 10% reduction, waived our parking fee and told me rooms are due to be refurbished.

In my view, this 5 star hotel is let down by the quality of its rooms and the sooner they refurbish the better. Having the time now to look on the web, there are waterfront hotels much better than The Grand.

My TA rating is for the room as advertised and how we found it only.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RobertLondon

Dear RobertLondon

Thank you for taking the time to post your recent review on TripAdvisor.

I was very disappointed to read your feedback and can confirm that we are in the final decision making process and will soon be carrying out a full refurbishment of our rooms. Once we have finished our rooms, I am certain that you will be impressed.

I apologise that we did meet your expectations and invite you to contact me directly should you wish to discuss your stay.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

My wife and I took a night off for ourselves. The Skycity wa the Hotel of choice this month.
We found the stay comfortable and clean with all the trimmings expected of a Z5 star hotel. The complimentary bubbles left in our room topped it off.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Cyril M
Alison B, Guest Relations Manager at SKYCITY Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Dear Cyril M

Thank you for posting your review on TripAdvisor. I am delighted that enjoyed your night away and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.