“Awesome” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersGold level
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Awesome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

A fantastic stay at Skycity Grand Hotel. I planned my surprise proposal to my girlfriend there through the most excellent Operations Manager Bradley Burnett. Everything went superbly!
Our suite was immaculate and luxurious and we were extremely well looked after by staff.
We dined at The Grill which was amazing. Fantastic staff who looked after us very well, brilliant food and a brilliant atmosphere.
Would thoroughly recommend this hotel to everyone.
A special thanks to Bradley and everyone who made our special night perfect.
We will definitely be going back!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Alison B, Guest Relations Manager at SKYCITY Grand Hotel, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Dear Tony E

Congratulations to you both from the team at The Grand Hotel!!!

I am delighted that your special night was a success and will pass your thanks onto Bradley our Operations Manager.

The Grill will also be pleased to read your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

alison.borland@skycity.co.nz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (516)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

My partner and I love this hotel. We live in Auckland and come here to experience time together in absolute luxury and seclusion in 5 star luxury and a fabulous location. We have experienced the very best service every single time we have stayed. From the moment you walk into the lobby of the hotel you know you have entered a hotel of superb quality. The rooms are spacious, the furnishings and fittings are modern and of good quality and have wonderful views. The restaurants – Dine, The Grill and the Depot are each both famous and fabulous which make them a particularly great experience. Because the hotel is right in the heart of the city you can chose from any number of other restaurants, head for the shops or just do like we do, hole up in the luxury of your room and suspend reality for a little while in glorious romantic seclusion. The people who work here genuinely care about the experience of their guests and go out of their way to make it special. This is without a doubt the best hotel we have ever stayed in.

Room Tip: The higher you go the better the view :) A harbourside room gives you a view accross to the hills a...
Dear Catherine S

Thank you for taking the time to post your recent review on TripAdvisor.

It was a pleasure to read your feedback and I will look forward to passing it onto the team at their briefing this afternoon. We take real pride in delivering great customer service and love to hear feedback such as yours.

We look forward to your next stay at The Grand Hotel.

New Plymouth, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

My husband and I stayed 2 nights this weekend, excellent friendly service, quick check-in. Fantastic luxury room on the 21st Floor, reasonable priced with wonderful breakfast in the Terrace Restaurant. Rooms are very clean, with a big comfy bed. We dined in the Grille Restaurant and what an amazing experience, can't wait to visit again.

Room Tip: We were located on the top floor, with views towards the city. Room was very quiet, would highly re...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Alison B, Guest Relations Manager at SKYCITY Grand Hotel, responded to this review, March 24, 2013
Dear BatRat

Thank you for your recent review on Tripadvisor.

I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us at The Grand Hotel. We aim to make each of our guests stay a memorable stay and I was delighted to read your comments. I will ensure the teams in particular Front Office, The Terrace and The Grill receive your feedback to share.

The team at The Grand Hotel look forward to your next stay. Please don’t hesitate to contact me and I will ensure that you receive your preferred room.

Gisborne
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

Quick check-in at reception, excellent friendly porter/valet service by Tom. Lovely big room with a large comfortable bed. Bathroom looking a bit tired and in need of a re- vamp and mediocre bathroom amenities provided which is a contradiction to the opulence of the overall look of Skycity hotel.
We ate at two of the Restaurants at Skycity (Rebo and Orbit Restaurant). Very professional staff and service at both and food excellent. Very worthy of a mention was the maitre-d at Orbit on morning shift on the 22/23 March, he couldnt do enough to ensure everything was fine for us.
All in all we had a great three days.

Dear saracgisborne

Thank you for your recent review on Tripadvisor.

SKYCITY and The Grand Hotel strive and take great pride in delivering excellent customer service. I was thrilled to read your feedback and will pass your feedback onto Rebo, Orbit and our Concierge Team, in particular to Tim and the maitre-d at Orbit who I am sure will be delighted to read your comments.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. We are in the final decision making process of our refurbishment for our rooms, please don’t hesitate to contact me prior to your next visit and I will be more than happy to assist.

Switzerland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

Booked a 3 night stay here after getting a good deal through our tour operator. Our arrival was late at night after travelling for over 24hours and it was an absolute delight to have such a luxurious room, take a hot shower and sink into the big comfy bed.

We had a room only basis and ate no meals in the hotel. I tried to order room service once but the phone was never answered so I gave up and we took our business elsewhere.

The location of the hotel is good, a great spot to explore Auckland from and it’s only a short walk down to the harbour.

We were expecting some tour documents on our arrival and these could not be found. Only after a few phone calls were they located. All ok in the end, but it caused me a few worried moments!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear hanval

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor following your 3 night stay at The Grand Hotel.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed our comfortable rooms and I would like to thank you for your further feedback allowing us to improve on the service and standards that we deliver.

I do hope you enjoyed your holiday in New Zealand and have the opportunity to visit us again.

Hobart, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

skycity grand is one of my favourite hotels. have stayed there many times. nothing not to love. great views. great service. comfortable beds. lovely staff. i feel safe here, its like a home away from home.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Dear bethany2012

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.

It was wonderful to read your feedback. We love to hear from our regular guests and I passed your comments onto the team at their team briefing.

The team at The Grand Hotel look forward to your next stay.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

What can I say position is superb range of city centre bars shops great places to eat hotel. Rooms lovely and food also worthy of a look can't really fault it do give it a go

Harbour in walking distance and staff friendly too

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Milomaxan

Thank you for your recent review of The Grand Hotel on TripAdvisor, I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us.

I trust you have a safe journey back to England and hope to welcome you back to The Grand Hotel in the future.