SKYCITY Grand Hotel
Grand Millennium Auckland(Auckland Central)
$134
Hilton Auckland(Auckland Central)
$274
$266
$144
  • Restaurant
Pullman Auckland(Auckland Central)(Great Value!)
$114
$110
  • Pool
Crowne Plaza Auckland(Auckland Central)
$159
$139
CrownePlaza.com
  • Room Service
Heritage Auckland(Auckland Central)
$139
  • Restaurant
Waldorf Stadium Apartments Hotel(Auckland Central)(Great Value!)
$122
$102
Agoda.com
  • Fitness center
  • Free Internet
CityLife Auckland(Auckland Central)
$195
  • Pool
Kiwi International Hotel(Auckland Central)
$55
$53
  • Restaurant
Quality Hotel Parnell(Auckland Central)(Great Value!)
$120
$103
2,694 results
All reviewssky towerpremium luxurybaby grand packagemacaroonsfederal streetharbour view roomnew zealandpillow menustar hotelvalet parkinglobby barthe heart of the citycentral locationrestaurants and barsbuffet breakfastlong flightqueen street
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 6, 2012

This place cost $175 NZ per night for a double room per night and was worth it. the hotel has an excellent pool and gym and is connected to the Sky City casino next door, but that is not any interest to me. the hotel has a number of good but pricey restaurants in it. I would stay here again even though central Auckland isa a bit of a dump. Parking costs $20 for as long as you leave you car there.

Room Tip: all good. views from city side.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Alison B, Front Office Manager at SKYCITY Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

Dear Gotoday1,

Thank you for taking the time to write a reivew about the SKYCITY Grand Hotel on TripAdvisor.

I was delighted to read your review and hear that you had an enjoyable time while you stayed with us!

We are a very unique property in that we have two hotels, a casino, and over 20 restaurants and bars - plenty to choose from while staying with us. The SKYCITY Grand Hotel has two restaurants in the hotel lobby, dine by Peter Gordon and The Grill by Sean Connelly - however, there are plenty of other dining options to choose from - casual cafe style Rebo, Yum Char at Jade Dragon, buffet at Fortuna... the list goes on.

I am glad to hear that you would stay here again if you were back in Auckland - we certainly look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed October 3, 2012

I have stayed at the lower cost Skycity Hotel and wondered how its upscale cousin would compare; very well indeed it seems. The very modern Skycity Grand is clearly the rich relative of the two sister properties. Orchids in the marble lobby and the quiet lobby bar make that clear as you walk in. Check in and reservations are quietly efficient, the rooms are updated and while spare and modern, are quite nice and the linens and bed first class. The bath is nicely appointed with a tub and separate shower. There are lots of TV channels available for the largish flat screen and best of all FREE INTERNET! (thank you, thank you, thank you) Our room did not have such a great view (over a terrace restaurant) but that was ok for this trip as it was business. The location is wonderful for Auckland CBD restaurants and the harbor areas and shopping. I have paid much more for lesser accommodations in large cities. If you are going to be in the hotel room much at all it is worth the 25 % premium to stay in the Grand rather than the Skycity Hotel

Room Tip: If the view is important to you, ask about it as some are great and others, not so much.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Dear pamncraig,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience while staying at the SKYCITY Grand Hotel - it was a pleasure to read!

We take pride in our customer service, and it is great to hear that you found our team to be efficient. Our rooms are lovely - and I am pleased to let you know that we are in the process of starting to refurbish our hotel rooms, we can't wait!

Free internet - what can we say - this is a must for today's travellers - so we love to that we can offer it at no charge on certain room rates - these are available on our website and directly through our reservations team. Be sure to ask the team next time you book.

Thank you again for your wondeful feedback - we look forward to welcoming you back to the SKYCITY Grand Hotel again soon!

Reviewed October 3, 2012

We went there for a weekend away from our house, and overall, it was an excellent experience. The service was absolutely fantastic, with the best valet service I've experienced in the pacific. We love night coffees and snacks, and Starbucks was about 3-minute walk away! And if you love the late night life, this is THE place to go to in Auckland. The harbour view from the room and the room service was impressive also.
We've also had some concerns about the reviews we've read on Tripadvisor regarding the change of rooms from the reservation details and the actual check-in, but this was not the case at all, so I don't think anybody should worry about it.
A little bit of a downside is the fact that the person who checked us in at the reception seemed very bothered about the questions I asked about a very strange experience we faced during the process. It's a pity that a perfect stay was marred by just one person, but her impact was too big.
One good and hopeful note is that when I took the matter to the management straight after I went up to my room, they took it very seriously. From the way they apologized and took the matter into their own hands, I felt that this would definitely be taken care of in the future. I really would like to thank the concierge and the management for taking the responsibility and assuring me.
Recommended big time.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jcville7

Dear jcville7,

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at the SKYCITY Grand Hotel - we take a genuine interest in our guest feedback, be it positive or negative, as it is a great tool for training and ensuring we are providing the best service at all times.

I was pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us - overall, but disappointed to hear about the service you did receive at the front desk while raising an issue.

I believe it was myself you contacted you to discuss the matter - I was happy to help, and glad to hear that you felt the matter was taken seriously.

I hope the one experience did not marr your thoughts on the SKYCITY Grand Hotel - and we hope to welcome you back again soon! Please contact me directly when you wish to stay with us again, so that I can personally take care of your reservation.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

This is one of the best hotels we have stayed in. The rooms were spacious, comfortable and well maintained as you would expect. We were on the upper floor and had a fantastic view of the bridge and city. The hotel was walking distance to the harbor area, shopping and resturants. The lobby was well appointed and the staff was very friendly and helpful. Our trip to the airport was booked through the hotel and the chaffeur was friendly and the vehicle had lots of leg room.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Larry W

Dear Larry W,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us at the SKYCITY Grand Hotel - your feedback is much appreciated.

I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay - from the location, to the room, to the chaffeur service and to the staff. We pride ourselves on excellent customer service, so I was pleased to read your comments.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the SKYCITY Grand Hotel again soon!

Reviewed September 28, 2012 via mobile

Wow what a great hotel. We were on our honeymoon the hotel gave us a beautiful room on the top floor with an amazing sunset view of the harbor and bridge. They also surprised is with a plate of gourmet chocolates. The room was a nice size with a very comfy bed. Everything was very clean and comfortable. The location of the hotel was perfect, right in the middle of downtown. It was very convenient to shopping and restaurants. I also used the spa for a foot massage which was heavenly! The best part of our stay was the staff. Everyone was so friendly and went out of their way to be helpful.

• Stayed: September 2012
Alison B, Front Office Manager at SKYCITY Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2012

Dear oCorrina,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at The SKYCITY Grand Hotel on TripAdvisor - we love receiving feedback from our guests!

I was extremely pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us as part of your honeymoon - the view is wonderful isn't it?

It was wonderful to read about your expereience at the hotel - from the room, to the spa, to the service - I will be sure to pass your wondeful comments on to our team.

Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to the SKYCITY Grand Hotel again soon.