Waldorf Stadium Apartments Hotel(Auckland Central)(Great Value!)
$98
$63
  • Fitness center
  • Free Internet
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $78/night.

SKYCITY Grand Hotel(Auckland Central)
$150
$134
  • Pool
SKYCITY Hotel(Auckland Central)(Great Value!)
$123
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $120/night.

• Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Auckland(Auckland Central)(Great Value!)
$129
$116
  • Room Service
The Sebel Auckland Viaduct Harbour(Auckland Central)(Great Value!)
$128
$123
  • Free Internet
Hotel DeBrett(Auckland Central)
$149
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $178/night.

Hilton Auckland(Auckland Central)
$160
Hilton
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $177/night.

Grand Millennium Auckland(Auckland Central)(Great Value!)
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $127/night.

$157
  • Restaurant
All reviewsseparate laundrygreat locationlarge balconycorner suitethe sofa bedone bedroom apartmentlaundry roomalbert staccor memberfull kitchensky towergreat apartmentwasher and dryerroad workslonger stayapartment hotelviaduct area
Reviewed May 29, 2013

It was the first time staying at Quay West. The room was very nice, on the 22nd floor. It was very quiet for the cbd area. It was a very large room, as i like my space. The views from the room are the best i have seen in Auckland. Rooms look a little on the tired side, but i still found it to be comfy. The staff were very helpful, as i arrived one hour before check-in. Over all, very clean and tidy. I will be back. There is only one negative, the beds are way to hard for me. That is why i only gave (Sleep Quality three stars)

Room Tip: Rooms level 19 and above, are the best.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Matt_wallace
Katie W, General Manager at The Sebel Quay West Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

Dear Matt_wallace,
We appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay at Quay West Suites Auckland. The location and views are second to none. We can assist with the bed comfort on your next return stay, we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

My wife and I stayed here in Jan 2013 on a rare trip away without our toddler.

The staff were helpful, the apartment was well appointed, spotlessly clean and the balcony had a great view over the harbour bridge and the viaduct basin.

The bed was comfy, the apartment was quiet and we slept well.

Parking was expensive, but the apartments are right in the CDB, so no real surprise.

Although the Quay West Suites aren't cheap, they provide the sort of accommodation you should be able to expect for the money, and their location is excellent.

So what was wrong with them?

Sometimes a small thing can colour your opinion of a place, and in the case of the Quay West Suites it was coffee.
In the well appointed kitchen, was a cafetiere, and in the cafetiere was a sachet of plunger coffee. Just as you get in all sorts of other hotels and apartments all over New Zealand at all sorts of price points. However, in the Quay West Apartments, the coffee is a minibar item. In a hotel of this standard and at this price point, being asked to pay extra for the sort of coffee which is included in the room rate at much cheaper accommodation annoyed me. I felt that it was just plain money-grabbing and it put me off an otherwise excellent hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Pauly_Mc_12

Dear Pauly_Mc_12,
Thank you for telling us about your stay at Quay West Suites Auckland. In regard to the coffee, additional tea and coffee is provided complimentary however we take on board your comments in regard to the plunger coffee price. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed all aspects otherwise.

Reviewed May 22, 2013

It was my 35th birthday and last minute the accommodation my friends had previously book let us down. We had a dinner party scheduled for 30 people in Ponsonby but were wanting to have champagnes in the room for 15 of us girls to open presents as bit of a warm up. So I called the Quay West Suites the day before we were scheduled to arrive on the off chance that they would be able to help, I told them of how I'd been let down, and much to my amazement they went to all lengths to make my night amazing. They found me a fabulous 2 bedroom apartment with an amazing view right out onto the harbour, they took into consideration my desire to host my friends for a quiet gathering by ensuring we had a large balcony, and the price they charged was not over inflated due to my booking being so last minute. The staff were incredibly helpful. This night was one of the best I've had in ages, and would never have been as successful if the Quay West Suites team had not helped me. I will always recommend this hotel to any friends, colleagues or family moving forward.

Room Tip: The corner suites have fabulous balconies that wrap around the room. Rooms are also very spacious.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Katie W, General Manager at The Sebel Quay West Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2013

Dear JenniferR,
We are so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay at Quay West Suites Auckland and that we were able to assist in making your special day a memorable one. Thank you for sharing your experience and for recommedning us.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

We stayed in the one bedroom apartment on a higher floor twice over our visit to New Zealand and were very happy with the accommodation, facilities, staff, position and overall condition. The units are a little tired but are very comfortable with big balcony to enjoy the harbour views. The coffee shop on the first floor did an excellent breakfast and good coffee.

Room Tip: We enjoyed having the higher floor room to have a better view of the harbour.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NPVHongKong

Dear NPVHongKong,
Thank you for taking the time to share of your recent experience at Quay West Suites Auckland. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and the cafe food and service met your expectations.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

This was the 1st place I stayed at in my two week trip to NZ. The location is great, walking distance from all the big attractions and the restaurants in the marina. Our room had an amazing view of the sky city building and the bridge. I ended up leaving my passport in the safe and they overnight it to me to my next hotel. Overall a great experience. Highly recommend it.
We didn't get the rate with the breakfast, we ate at the cafe in front of the hotel and it was delicious! It has a small heated indoor pool, a sauna and a little gym with enough equipment to get an ok workout.

Room Tip: Choose a corner room you will get a view of the whole bay and city.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

Dear DrMon79,
We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that we were able to assist with your passport over night. We hope you enjoyed the rest of your time in New Zealand.