I spent four nights here in two different rooms. The first room (909) was a suite with a king bed, and the best hotel room I've experienced at a great price. The second room (703) had two twin beds, and after staying in the suite, the second room didn't seem to have quite enough room for two people. Also, 909 was immaculate, but 703 had a few stains and signs of wear here and there.
A word about the heating system (or air con, as people in Australia call it; not sure what New Zealanders call it)... when you switch it on, it seems the default is to have the fan continuously running. If you're not used to circulated air, this can leave you feeling a bit dry in the morning. On the second day I figured out I could adjust the fan, and set it to auto, so it would kick off/on when needed. I didn't experiment, but an even better option might have been to put it on permanent low - but the auto seemed good, so I didn't mess with it again, other than to adjust the temperature.
This hotel has a fantastic, nice-sized pool, sauna, and steam room (I didn't use the gym) included in the room price. The staff is exceptionally congenial and responsive.
My appreciation for the staff reached new levels the day after I switched rooms. I had accidentally left in the bathroom a bottle of deodorant which costs $7 in the US but $27 in Australia :-( I first called the front desk, but nothing had been turned in. I recalled from the first two days that the person cleaning rooms was very friendly, so I returned to my former floor to see if maybe they had picked up the deodorant. Unfortunately, a different person was cleaning the 9th floor that day, but she said she would ask the other staff member. I was delighted when less than 20 minutes later, the person who had cleaned 909 knocked on the door with my deodorant :-) I wouldn't expect a cleaning person to turn a bottle of deodorant in to the front desk as something left in the room, but I also wasn't expecting the cleaning staff to be so exceptional, both in communicating with each other and in their friendly attitude.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With its stunning views of Auckland harbour and the city’s parks, Pullman Auckland offers guests a visual treat as well as a very warm welcome. Conveniently located in the heart of the city, the hotel provides easy access to Auckland’s numerous attractions, including the beautiful Albert Park and vibrant, cosmopolitan Viaduct. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, ACCOR, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Pullman Auckland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pullman Auckland Hotel Auckland Central
- Auckland Hyatt Regency
- Hyatt Auckland
- Pullman Auckland New Zealand