“Convenient Location and Friendly Staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Pullman Auckland

Pullman Auckland
Ranked #13 of 66 Hotels in Auckland
GreenLeadersSilver level
New York
“Convenient Location and Friendly Staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2014

The hotel is in a convenient location by Auckland University and the CBD. The public areas are well maintained with pleasant, modern decor, and the hotel has a superb large pool with a retractable roof. The staff are extremely pleasant and professional and make every effort to attend to all your needs. I also loved the breakfast buffet which has an excellent array of items. And the Energy Revive green smoothie drinks they offer as a pick me in the rooms and at the bar are a really wonderful flavorful tonic.

By way of minor quibbles, I think the rooms need to be renovated. While comfortable, they feel rather dated. And it would have been helpful to have universal outlets so as not to need adapters to plug in laptops and charge cellphones. The wireless internet was also a little sketchy on occasion. Apart from this, would highly recommend this property as being clean, efficient, comfortable and friendly.

1 Thank Peter R
PullmanAucklandHotel, Quality and Attitude Manager at Pullman Auckland, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Dear "Peter R",

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay at Pullman Auckland. I was delighted to read that you very much enjoyed your experience. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Quality and Attitude Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (429)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Pigeon Bay, New Zealand
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2014

When this hotel was managed by the Hyatt brand, I had the pleasure of regularly staying here and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Admittedly under Hyatt, I was provided with residence rooms and suites for my stays. This was my first visit back under the Pullman brand. The room provided had a nice view but did look very dated and small in comparison to the other Auckland hotels. Air conditioning was noisy, the bathroom was very dated. Showering was annoying with the shower curtain pinning you in a small corner, however bathroom amenities were nice enough. Room service was a bit of a mixed bag, my wife had a great looking meal and mine was average. Restaurant breakfast was over run with a tour group which did not aid to a relaxing breakfast, nor a lot of food on offer with the kitchen doing there best to keep up. May I suggest a conference room or something for those large groups so as not to deter you FIT or corporate guests. We had a great cocktail function at Top of the Town and the conference facilities, spa facilities and gym were excellent. In a nutshell, I think the rooms are very average and could do with a refurb but good (not excellent) in most other areas.

Room Tip: Go for a residence room/suite or hotel suite. Avoid a hotel room until they have a decent refurb
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
PullmanAucklandHotel, Quality and Attitude Manager at Pullman Auckland, responded to this review, May 11, 2014
Dear "CJF101",

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review on our hotel. It was a pleasure to welcome you back after all these years. I am so pleased that overall you enjoyed your stay and you very much enjoyed the cocktail function you attended at Top of the Town, as well as the Spa at the Pullman facilities.

As you mentioned, the hotel has both a Residence and a Hotel Tower - The Residence Tower being more contemporary in style and the Hotel Tower very much traditional. Depending on your length of stay and your preferences, we have the pleasure of offering our guests a range of suites and rooms that may be suitable.

Please accept my sincere apologies that you found the air conditioning noisy and would have preferred a separate shower to the bath. As I am unable to tell from TripAdvisor which guest has left a review, I would be grateful if you would email me your booking details. I would like to ensure that we allocate a walk in shower for your next stay and make a note that you would prefer to reserve one of the Residence Rooms in the future. Furthermore, if time allows, it would be very helpful for further feedback on your Room Service experience. We have recently introduced a new menu and the Executive Chef welcomes honest feedback in order to offer a culinary experience that our guests will thoroughly enjoy and remember. My email address is c.saunders@pullmanauckland.co.nz

Thank you again for sharing your experience. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2014

Arrived late in the evening and one of the porters had taken my bag inside :) Check in was fast and efficent. I forgotten his name but he had given me a late check out! Thank you, it was much needed. I had breakfast and the layout was great. Alot of options and probably the only hotel I have seen so far that has Nutella which is a extra bonus. Came back later than the check out time because of a meeting which was okay with the staff. All staff were great! Thanks to the porter for dropping my bags into the taxi Saturday morning. Happy fella! :)

Dear "DanieeTavita",

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. I am delighted that you had a wonderful experience and that the offer of a late departure was helpful.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Hamilton / Cambridge, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2014

Just recently my wife, adult daughter and I stayed at the Pullman Hotel.
Emma our daughter had a university graduation ceremony to attend just close by.
The beds were great, the view was wonderful and overall the experience was well worthy of recommendation.
We were most impressed with the Roger & Gallet toiletries available in the bathroom.
The concierge was truly first class.
We required their services several times, and to have the ability to leave our car with the hotel till the ceremony was complete.
Nothing was any bother. We thank all the staff for a job well done.
We recommend to all visitors in Auckland to seriously consider the Pullman Hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear "AllanF369",

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. It was a pleasure to welcome you and your family to the Pullman Auckland. I am delighted that you had a wonderful stay.

I hope Emma very much enjoyed her graduation day. You must have been very proud parents!

We hope to see you again soon.

Cromer, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2014

We arrived following 10 hours on the Northern Explorer train at about 2300 and checked in at reception. The bar and foyer area were buzzing and we were assisted to our room and very nice it was too. It was to be our home for 6 nights, all we wanted at that point was a shower and room service except we had requested a walk in shower and chair for my wife, no chair. I flopped into an armchair whilst reading the food offer and the chair almost collapsed under me. We had requested twin beds and they were made up as a double so I thought I would hang up some of our clothes in the wardrobe no chance as the sliding doors were off their rollers. Now granted all of the above were corrected in the blink off an eye but surely as I pointed out someone should check the room and it not be the incoming Paying Guest! It is clearly a very busy/ bustling hotel, quite modern and functional and yes we would stay there again if the opportunity arose. But surely just attention to detail and we would have rated the experience as excellent

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
PullmanAucklandHotel, Quality and Attitude Manager at Pullman Auckland, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
Dear "Ray B",

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Pullman Auckland. It was a pleasure to welcome you to the hotel. I am so pleased that you had a wonderful stay.

Please accept my sincere apologies that there were a few areas in the room that needed attention once you had checked in, and that some of your requests had not been set up in the room. While we thoroughly check each and every room prior to our guests' arrival to ensure that the room is absolutely perfect, it is unfortunate that on some occasions, certain things may then not work as they should, post room inspection.

We very much hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Pullman Auckland. We would love you to score us as excellent on your next stay! If there is anything I may assist with in the future, please contact me on c.saunders@pullmanauckland.co.nz

With kind regards,

Auckland Region, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

Very nice, modern hotel. Can't really complain about anything except for the fact the bar isn't 24/7 and we were getting threatened that the police will be called as we were too noisy even though we were hardly talking. Went to a friends floor and could smell illegal substances, bet they didn't get threatened for that but we did. Other than that, was a good stay but I prefer the Langham

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
PullmanAucklandHotel, Quality and Attitude Manager at Pullman Auckland, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Dear "Altomatum",

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Pullman Auckland. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay.

While the bar officially closes at 12.30am, our guests may still enjoy a beverage from Room Service until the hours of 4am, as outlined by the Sale and Supply of Alcohol Act 2012.

I can assure you that should our Security team ever come across a guest who is in the possession of illegal substances, the authorities would be called immediately, as the safety and comfort of our guests is of paramount importance.